Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Redwork

Just read the info on redwork, I happen to be working on a "brown"work, coffee theme quilt for daughter.(I figure why be normal?) Anyway, when I get my quilt together, how do I quilt the block? I saw a book and it showed a grid design over the top of the redwork is this the correct method? I know no quilt police but want it to look right!

Thank for the help!
    Becky

Blog Entries
    you can quilt it any way that will look good to you. if you do a grid, i'm sure you already know you shouldn't quilt through the embroidered part.

if it was mine, and i was going to do a grid, i'd do an outline around the embroidery first, then stop the grid quilting there.

I second Patrice's opinion

all in favor say "aye".... when you finish the quilt top you will be more able to see and determine the pattern you want to quilt.I agree with the others though if you choose a grid.

Ditto!! Don't quilt over your embroidery. Echo or outline it first for a gridded background. You could also just echo each block... like Hawaiian style.

Thnaks for the idea, I didn't think I really wanted to quilt through the embroidery and the echo idea seems like the best choice. You guys are great. Thanks again, Becky