Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Remember my Olfa mat that peeled?

Blog Entries
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-33840-1.htm

The green mat surface was peeling off in strips, leaving the white underneath. It peeled on front and back like this. The Olfa company did replace the mat after I posted about the problem here but not when I first contacted the company about the problem on my own. (This board is powerful. :thumbup: )

A quilting buddy of mine has the same mat bought the same time I bought mine and she told me her mat was peeling away in strips. I told her that was just what mine had done and I got a free replacement for it. I gave her the info to contact Olfa about it. I don't know why the mats are doing this but it seems one batch may have been defective. If you have an Olfa mat and it it is peeling like the one in the picture please be sure to contact Olfa. It's a shame for someone to think all the olfa mats are bad and never buy another and double shame to be stuck with a bad mat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Wow, luckily i bought both of mine yrs ago.

that really really really stinks. good for olfa for taking this opportunity to do good customer service.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear that Olfa is replacing them :D:D:D

Power Poster
    Been even nicer if they would have done it with the first request. :hunf:

I'm glad you got your mat replaced and agree it would have been appropriate for them to do it when you first reported the problem.

We are quilters--hear us roar!!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Good for you!

Power to the Quilters!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-33840-1.htm

The green mat surface was peeling off in strips, leaving the white underneath. It peeled on front and back like this. The Olfa company did replace the mat after I posted about the problem here but not when I first contacted the company about the problem on my own. (This board is powerful. :thumbup: )

A quilting buddy of mine has the same mat bought the same time I bought mine and she told me her mat was peeling away in strips. I told her that was just what mine had done and I got a free replacement for it. I gave her the info to contact Olfa about it. I don't know why the mats are doing this but it seems one batch may have been defective. If you have an Olfa mat and it it is peeling like the one in the picture please be sure to contact Olfa. It's a shame for someone to think all the olfa mats are bad and never buy another and double shame to be stuck with a bad mat.
    8-)