Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Removing water stain?

A friend just called, hysterical, she is making patriotic trip around the world, she ironed it , put the two halves together and just now noticed a water stain from the iron right square in the middle? she was going to try vinegar, but i said that might "set", any ideas what she should do, maybe just soak that part in soap and water>

Blog Entries
    Maybe try peroxide on a qtip? or leave it alone and try getting the stain out after the quilt is finished. That may be better, the stain isn't going anywhere, and trying to remove it now could stretch the blocks or do other unwanted things to the top. :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Maybe try peroxide on a qtip? or leave it alone and try getting the stain out after the quilt is finished. That may be better, the stain isn't going anywhere, and trying to remove it now could stretch the blocks or do other unwanted things to the top. :D:D:D
    the stain really needs to be dealt with now....the piecing process requires lots of pressing and any further pressing may well set the stain even further.

Tide sticks are the most wonderful thing invented since the sewing machine.

Thanks everyone , i will pass this on to her. She was puttting the borders on while i got info for her.