Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Repeat and repeat and repeat...

I hardly ever repeat a pattern, baby quilt or other. I am like quiltinnan and like to experiment with new techniques and patterns If I like it, it may grow to be larger, but I've wound up with a lot of baby size

I was just discussing how this year seem to the the 'year of repeats'. ugh! I'm with you, enough already.
    Quilting makes me happy!..

When I go to the movies I want to be entertained, I don't want to think too much. I don't enjoy movies where I walk out wondering "what was really going on..." Maybe quilting is like that for you...you enjoy the process and don't want to spoil it by taking on an intricate pattern (let's face it, some of those patterns are hard to follow or are missing a step which can be very frustrating). If you WANT to change it up, then maybe treat you tops as a background and put some machine applique on them or take a class...but unless you are bored with what you are doing, there is no reason to change it. After all, it is your relaxation time.
    Any day spent quilting is a good day!
    Judy

I do have a "go to" baby quilt if I need one done in a hurry. I can get one of those done in a day. Otherwise, I like to try new patterns.

I like to do different patterns and if possible something that stretches my skills, or a tricky technique or something. There are times however, when I wish I didn't do this, and I crave that easy, go to, I can do this in my sleep kind of pattern.

My cheap three hundred dollar Brother embroidery machine is great for baby quilts. It only makes a 4 in design but it is perfect for 6 in squares. There are so many red work designs like teddy bears on line. They make cute quilts.

Blog Entries
    I can relate Julie, I guess I like to stay in my comfort zone!
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie

I repeat a pattern all the time. I don't care how many log cabins I make, I think they are all fabulous. It's all about choosing the fabric and color placement for me. As a quilter, I'm pretty lousy. I don't care if the points are cut off or seams don't match. When I look at my quilt, I see color and fabric. I suppose that is probably why I like hand quilting. Just having that feel of fabric in my hands is wonderful! Probably why I buy so much fabric too.
    Penny

I haven't done the repeat with quilting, but my sewing projects (garments, toys etc.), I do have favorites that will never be "too tired" for me. They're like old friends...they always come through.
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

I see so many interesting quilt patterns in books, magazines and online (including this quilting board) that I have never repeated the same pattern. I'm real sure I'll never be able to make all the quilts I see and like. My problem is "which one?" But I can see repeating a pattern if you're in a hurry so need something quick that you're used to. Each person is different and do what makes you happy!
    ShirleyD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4