Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolving Rotary Cutting Mat

Do any of you use a revolving rotary cutting mat? I would be interested in knowing if you like them; what size is best and any other opinions involving this item. They seem to be expensive but it looks like they would be very useful. I would appreciate any and all comments. Thank you. Dixie in AL

Blog Entries
    I recently bought the 14" Fiskars one. I like it. I really wanted the Olfa, but not at $75! Even with a coupon it is expensive. I paid about $16 on sale. I figured that if/when the mat goes, I'll cut an Olfa to fit and glue it on. :)

I have a 12 x 12 rotating cutting mat. I really like it for cutting and squaring up blocks smaller than 12". It sure is nice not having to pick up my block, turning it around and cutting the other two sides. Best buy I found was at Joann's with a 40-50% off coupon. Can never have too many cutting mats.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaHen
    I have a 12 x 12 rotating cutting mat. I really like it for cutting and squaring up blocks smaller than 12". It sure is nice not having to pick up my block, turning it around and cutting the other two sides. Best buy I found was at Joann's with a 40-50% off coupon. Can never have too many cutting mats.
    Which brand is it?

Blog Entries
    I am buying a new and larger cutting mat. One corner of my old mat is not as worn as the rest. I will cut it and use it as a rotating mat. It will spin freely laying on top of my new on. :wink: It would also spin freely on my sewing table, or any other surface. I will cut a smaller one out of the other corner, so that I have different sizes for different projects.

I have the 12 x 12 Fiskars. I really like it. Saves me alot of time when I do square in a squares. I think I paid $35 about a year ago at our LQS.

I have the 12x12 Olfa rotating mat and it is great for squaring up. Also, I think Olfa is worth the extra money...as it is self healing and I feel easier on the rotary cutter.

I have the Brooklyn Revolver for a long time. Is round and that limits the size of the blocks you can cut, but when it is a gift you don't complaint, just appreciate it. I have periods when I use it all the time and then other times when I don't even know where it is. It spins real nice and you can turn it upside down and is a small ironing surface.

In my thrift store travels, I found a lazy susan from an old entertainment center, all of fifty cents. It is big enough to hold my 12x16 mat. I really think it makes squaring blocks up faster for me.

If you have an old piece of plywood around, a new quality lazy susan could be screwed to the bottom at a considerable savings over the fancy ones.

LOVE mine! Got it 40% off at Hancock's and just love it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast