Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolving Cutting Mats

Revolving Cutting Mats

Are these cutting mats worth the cost? I have looked at them a long time and wondered if you had any feedback. Thanks so much
    "Worry is about doing something you can do nothing about."

Banned
    I have one and use it frequently when I am squaring up smaller blocks. I believe the cost is worth it - depending on what you do

Blog Entries
    I have 2 sizes and love them both. Definately worth the money.
    The Future is Now!

I like them, but they're very limiting in size, so you will usually need a larger mat on hand as well. If you already have a smaller mat, there's nothing stopping you from cutting & rotating the mat without the actual "mechanism".

I have one, bought it because it seemed like a must-have, but have used it very seldom. I think it very much depends on what kind of cutting you're doing. On a future project I might use it a lot...

Power Poster
    I use mine quite a bit - a person has to use a 40% off coupon.

I have a small one and like it alot. I've thought about purchasing the larger one, but haven't done it yet.

I enjoy using the smaller one that I have for cutting odd angles and squaring blocks.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    i use mine from time to time- glad i have it even if its not an everyday used item... makes certain cuts fast and easy

Quote Originally Posted by nonnie60 View Post
    I have 2 sizes and love them both. Definately worth the money.
    Same here. i too have 2 sizes and use them all the time.
    Barefoot Quilter
    april

I have one and thought I would use it alot more than I really do. I find when I am turning the mat ..the square or what ever I am cutting moves a bit and I end up have to reposition it ... exactly what I had hoped I was eliminating.

Ironically, I was just sorting my 2011 receipts for this "expensive hobby" I have resurrected. Bought the 12" OLFA at Michaels and with the 50% coupon I had and with tax= $24.06. Sign up for Michael's emails and just maybe you will get a 50% coupon. Have used it a lot for cutting postage stamp size pieces while watching TV and using Rhonda's Templates (she is here on the board). DH said, "That looks like it makes it easier for you to do that!" He has his tools and I have mine.

I have the 12.5 x 12.5 and keep it right by the machine - I use it to square up my HST and smaller blocks. Bought it with the 40% coupon.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

I have 2 and like them both. Use mostly the smaller one for squaring up blocks. Worth the $$$$
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva

I bought a 12 x 12 at walmart for about $25. I use it a lot for squaring blocks and for cutting odd size pieces. For most regular cutting I use the regular type mat.

I use mine to square up blocks and for paper piecing. I wished I would have bought the bigger one. Mine is about 12 inch square.

I have a square one and a round one and use them both constantly. Saves a lot of time and keeps fabric from shifting.
    Linda

I have one and use it more then I thought I would. My Sis just got one at Joanns. They had all the Fiskars 40% off and she had another coupon for 20% off. She ended up paying around $17.00 for it. Worth the price for doing small cuts.

Blog Entries
    I have the smaller one and LOVE it for squaring up blocks!

Banned
    I have the 12-13" square one, seldom use as I haven't sufficint room to turn it, thus making it useless.

I also have the round one from Come Quilt with Me which I loved; wore it out and it's practically doubled in price so didn't replace.
    Found a square 6 or 7" Fiskars at Joann's; love it and with the coupon it's under $8.

Blog Entries
    I have the Olfa 12" and it doesn't turn easily so basically I use for a portable cutting mat and still turn the block. It is handy to have a cutting mat close to the machine.

Yes, they are worth it to me. I just finished a lil twister and it was easier to cut around that template with the revolving mat than it would have been having to turn the fab/template. But, if you have a JoAnn's near you and are on their mailing list, use the coupons....that how I bought mine.....I have small one and large one.

I have both sizes and use them all the time as well. I COULD get along without them, but I would hate to. They make my life easier.
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I thought I could just use a small mat and the lazy susan I had, but it was wobbly. Then I thought, "Why do I need a turntable? Just turn the mat!" Works very well and I can save the cost for more fabric.
    SittingPretty

Blog Entries
    I bought one, never used it and sold it. Then I was making a snowball block quilt and a pinwheel quilt and thought, hummm. .. . I went out and bought another one. Used a 50% Joann's coupon at Hancocks and got it for around $22. Definately comes in handy when working on blocks and squaring them up!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast