Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick rack

Blog Entries
    Is anyone else not a fan?

Maybe it's because it was in a clown costume my mom made me when I was younger. Whenever I see or hear about rick rack, I only think of clowns!

I like rickrack because I remember aprons with a row or two of it at the bottom and around the pockets. Isn't it funny what our childhood memories do to our likes and dislikes as adults? And how did rickrack get its name anyhow, what a strange word.

Sorry I love it I use it for lots of things , add it quilts in applique edges of things bottom of tea towels , I just extended a little skirt for my grand daughter putting a frill to the bottom and covered up the stitching line with ric rac . Cathy

Well I guess I'm not a big fan of it either, for the same reason. Mom put it on everything to pretty it up. I use it but not very often. I think the really wide looks cute for flower stems on applique and thats about the only way I'd use it.

I love rick rack, too, but it has to be used in the right way. The big rick rack is really cool but I haven't bought any yet. It reminds me of Heidi.

I love rick rack.... it just makes me thing of all things homey and comfy. Sorry about the clown experience... clowns in general creep me out. That one might just be hard to get over! haha!!

I love rick rack.... it just makes me thing of all things homey and comfy. Sorry about the clown experience... clowns in general creep me out. That one might just be hard to get over! haha!!

OMG oops...sorry for triple post! How did I do THAT?!!! *blush*

Does anyone remember the ear rings made from rick rack? Probably back in early 60's or maybe late 50's. The rick rack was gathered on a string into a circle and then ear ring back was glued on. I remember my Mom having several pairs.

I like to use rick rack with baby quilts or burp cloths. Other than that I don't use it! I think it certainly has it's place, it really can adorn an item. It needs to be used tactfully though.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast