Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick rack

Blog Entries
    i have used it on a couple toddler quilts, really large rick rack..it turned out wonderful!

I made dresses years ago with rick-rack flowers on the front. I had 3 little stair steps and it was popular to dress the children and Mom to match. Back then I couldn't afford to buy dresses so I made them. The dresses are gone now and my stair steps are grown women with children of their own, and the dresses are just a memory. Couldn't afford a camera either. Those were the "good old days" not. Lots of good memories, and I can still remember the compliments on the dresses.
    Sue

I used rick rack for a lot of stuff. I would sew it around the bottom of my jeans and up the side. My Mom used to crochet this one round pot holder were she would pull the rick rack thru every other post and it made it look like a flower. It was very pretty and I have a set of them that she had made.

I use it to trim giant Christmas stockings that I make

Blog Entries
    I get rick rack at LQS. The sell it by the yard in different sizes. I really like the really wide knit rick rack.

I like using ric-rac. Sometimes it just adds a nice touch.

Really like the quilt previously posted. Love the idea of ric-rac for the basket handles, as well as around in the border!

That's funny! When I first saw the giant ric-rac on quilts I wasn't too sure about it but it has really grown on me after seeing it look really cute on several quilts.

I love rick rack. It brings me back to my childhood and makes me feel good.

I just can't picture this! Do you have pictures??? The wrapping it together...

Yes, what OneMoreQuilt said. Sounds intriguing.

Blog Entries
    somewhere in this house i have a large quilt i intended to put rick rack on every seam, in several colors. hmmmm. wonder what that thing is.
    now i won't be doing it again on others. just that one. it was an idea i came up with but haven't followed through on. once is enough.

I think the wrapping instructions and pictures are here:

http://trocasdelinhas.blogspot.com/2...sso-passo.html

Thanks, Greenheron. Beautiful avatar, by the way.

I like rick rack but seldom use it anymore. It reminds me of the feed sack dresses my mom used to make me and memories of how proud I was of each new one!

Blog Entries
    I love rick rack...makes me think of starched kitchen curtains, aprons and little dresses my grandmother made for me. I still use it as well.

dont like ricrac on clown costumes, cus I dont like clowns, ha - BUT, big but here, I've seen sewn things websufing that use ricrac in the design and especially large ricrac sewn into the edge of stuff, pincushions, quilt squares, borders that really look very comtemporary, and since one edge of the ric is caught in the seam it looks more like a nice wave or flat ruffle (if I'd bkmarked the sites I'd give an example, but, alas have none saved!) sharet

Rick rack looks really cute as a trim when sewn into a seam where only half of it is showing. But I agree with most if the posts here. I remember it from the 60's...yuck.

Just this weekend on a Martha Pullen show, they made flowers and leaves out of rick rack. It required a little handwork. You may find it on marthapullen.com.

I love the look of rick rack.
    I just completed a sun dress and matching doll dress for my 2 year old grand daughter.

Baby dress
    Name:  Attachment-258553.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  119.8 KB

I love rick rack. Didn't used to like it all that much, but I think it has regained it's popularity. I made this quilt last spring after I saw it in a magazine. I think the huge rick rack adds just the right touch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Blog Entries
    nope, I love it!

I think everything has a place, rick-rack yes on certain projects-sequiens yes on certain projects. Overdone quilting-rickrack anything a big NOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Karenowc
    I love the look of rick rack.
    I just completed a sun dress and matching doll dress for my 2 year old grand daughter.
    Darling! That's what I was taking about!

Girls. I found Rick rack at BBCrafts on line for $2.25 a 25 ft roll so if you order a few the shipping is still the same. Sure beats almost two bucks for. Two and a half yd pig.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieF
    I work with a quilt ministry to make baby quilts and one of the members brought in a huge ziploc bag filled with rickrack, all colors all widths. I had purchased a couple yards of a cotton fabric with a very busy row pattern. I sandwiched a yard of the fabric with backing and batting and I used yards and yards of the rickrack to machine quilt over the rows....instant baby quilts. I've been a fan of rickrack ever since.....and the 2 quilts I made barely made a dent in the bag of rickrack....I see a lot of them in my future.
    I'd love to see a pic of this baby quilt if you have one, please. Sounds like a wonderful idea! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I like rick rack. I do not like clowns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast