Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ricki Tims Seminar >

Ricki Tims Seminar

Ricki Tims Seminar

Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 PM

Hi everyone - has anyone gone to the Ricki Tims seminar? I am going to the one in Cleveland at the end of this month. It is 2 1/2 days with a concert by RT included. I thought we were going to sew -they provide the machines - now I'm not sure, might just be lectures. Also, the schedule is odd - it is 1/2 day the first day - starting at 2:30 pm on Thursday, all day friday and all day Saturda. Does that seem odd to anyone else? Any comments from people that have been to a seminar?? Why isn't some of the posted anywhere?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 PM

Yes!!! I went this past August and it was FABULOUS!!!!! It was FUN!!! It was totally INSPIRING!!!

It's professionally presented in a fun and jovial atmosphere. You will not be sewing, that sort of seemed strange to me at first... however if you are anything like me you will learn a lot and have a fun time too. Everyone who was at the seminar here in Washington seemed to LOVE it as much as I did.

Go...Go...Go, you won't believe how much fun it is. Libby Leman is so funny, OMG, I wish I could just have her as my best friend forever! Ricky and Justin (who helps run everything) are positive and fun personalities. They give out a fabulous syllabus which will show you how to do all the very cool things that are taught. Do NOT lose that, it will not be replaced and it is a treasure for sure. Actually they offer full refunds to anyone who was willing to turn in their syllabus at the end -- NO ONE would give it up!

Take a camera, Ricky, Alex, and Libby quilts will be on display for you get see up close. You can also take pictures of them. They will have Ricky's hand-dyed fabrics and books on sale at a table there, offering some good deals. Grab a seat way front if you can. There will be big screens, but it was a lot of fun being close. Maybe take a seat cushion if your back end is prone to get tired.

The concert was really wonderful too!

I wish I could go again! Lucky You!!!

Answering Questions submitted on Cards
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38552[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38552.jpe  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:54 PM

Here's a couple more pics from the seminar.

Alex Anderson Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38104[/ATTACH]

Center of a Ricky Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38105[/ATTACH]

Libby Lehman Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38106[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38104.jpe   attachment-38105.jpe   attachment-38106.jpe  
Old 04-22-2010, 01:31 AM

Oooh wow the Libby Lehman one...
Old 04-22-2010, 03:43 AM

It sounds like you're going to have the time of your life!! The Alex Anderson quilt is beautiful!! Take pics and let us know what you thought of your seminar when you get back!!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by travlr99
Hi everyone - has anyone gone to the Ricki Tims seminar? I am going to the one in Cleveland at the end of this month. It is 2 1/2 days with a concert by RT included. I thought we were going to sew -they provide the machines - now I'm not sure, might just be lectures. Also, the schedule is odd - it is 1/2 day the first day - starting at 2:30 pm on Thursday, all day friday and all day Saturda. Does that seem odd to anyone else? Any comments from people that have been to a seminar?? Why isn't some of the posted anywhere?
have fun
Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 AM

I have to second Connie. I took it two year ago in Glenn Falls, NY. It was the most amazing learning experience I ever had. It was fun, entertaining and informative. You get the syllabus, and that is all you need. they even give you a pencil in case you need to write anything down, but everything is already written. I only used it for one little practice they do with you to teach you how to do a rhapsody quilt. The rest of the time I used it to write down names and numbers of the great people I met while I was there.

Everything they do has a cause or reason. They start late the first day so you can travel that day and start the seminar day rather than paying an extra hotel night. You then have the whole day Friday of class, the concert that night and all day Saturday, ending at 3PM, so you can still drive back home. Be prepared, that everything is done right on time. When they say the class starts at 2:30, that is exactly when it starts. You get breaks during the day and you can go shopping at the great vendors, including, of course, TQS. There is also book signings and a quilt show on display.

In general is amazing. You see? Two years ago and I still can not stop talking about it.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

Oh...I'm sooo jealous!!!! I took a Libby class a year or so ago and LOVED it! She is a great teacher, very open about all aspects of her quilts and sharing all her knowledge...FABULOUS! I wish I could go to the class with you!!!! Have fun!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:51 AM

I would so love to go! Take lots of pictures.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 AM

I attended one in Phoenix not too long ago. It is all lecture, no sewing. I enjoyed it and learned alot but I think the answers to questions from the audience was the best -- things about inspiration and construction were really interesting to me and not necessarily covered in the 'lecture'. I didn't go to the concert -- it was too far a drive for me for just that part. Have fun!