Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rotary Cutter cut... keeps re-opening

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone,
    Earlier, I was cutting some 5-inch squares for quilt kits, and I cut myself right across the inside of my knuckle on my index finer. Since then I've been fine, but even now as i'm typing I can feel it re-opening a little and bleeding, should I compress it? It's just a finger...

Blog Entries
    Liquid bandaid

Blog Entries
    what's that?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Apply pressure to it to stop the bleeding. I've cut myself many times with my rotary cutter and there's something about the clean cut that likes to bleed. I also pour peroxide on it to clean it real good.

Blog Entries
    You get Liquid bandaide at the drugstore in the first aid aisle. Another thing that works to heal any cut or sore quicker is a triple antibiotic ointment on a regular bandaide for a few days. I use a generic/store brand of Neosporin. Make sure it's "ointment" & not the cream.

In a pinch, use brush-on super glue. Yes, it works! Just ask my woodworking husband. He swears by it.

Blog Entries
    Use peroxide only at the initial cleaning, though... it is pretty tough on healing wounds and should only be used initially. You might have to give the wound a little healing time??

So sorry!!

Quote Originally Posted by SewAlice
    In a pinch, use brush-on super glue. Yes, it works! Just ask my woodworking husband. He swears by it.
    I keep a bottle of super in my sewing stuff for this very reason. Works great to seal it closed....

Quote Originally Posted by Awesumpunk
    Hi everyone,
    Earlier, I was cutting some 5-inch squares for quilt kits, and I cut myself right across the inside of my knuckle on my index finer. Since then I've been fine, but even now as i'm typing I can feel it re-opening a little and bleeding, should I compress it? It's just a finger...
    When I working, everyone in the office used crazy glue for nicks and cuts. We tried liquid bandaide once and it stung like crazy.

Super glue for me! Works quickly and doesn't sting as badly as the liquid bandaid. Sorry about the mishap, those "tiny" cuts seem to last forever!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast