Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Round Robin - UP and RUNNING!!!

Bettelove, your quilt is great! It's fun! Are those stars applique'd on?

I love it! I'd sit in front of my tv all day under that. :mrgreen:

I'm going to upgrade to EQ6 one of these days ...

I forget how I did it. I imported the image as sort of an overlay in the block work surface.

Cordelia - The stars are not applique, they are paper pieced with wax paper. I had alot of fun making that quilt and I love it too.

Dawn - Thanks for posting the picture of my center. I can't wait to get it back!!

I really wanted to do a folded ribbon border but After many many MANY hours of staring at it I felt as if it needed to be stopped so the borders could continue to tell the story later. Sooo if it could come back to me later then umm I could get that done! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia
    I've got EQ5.

I didn't mean to upload bmp files. I have to "reorganize."

This is the one I'm leaning toward the most ...

WOW!!!

That looks super. It really draws the eye to the stars. Grea job :thumbup:

Cordelia: That would be stunning!

Thanks, everybody, for the encouragement. I had ulterior motives for posting that pic -- so I could get a little feedback. There are all kinds of things I can do, but my problem with that block is I don't have the skill to do curves. I wanted to sort of do a meandering drunkard's path on it and accentuate the circle.

But, I don't have the skill to do that. But, that border can be paper pieced and I can do a good job with that one.

Bettelove, I actually go to the dollar store and buy the gift tissue and actually do my paper pieceing with that.

But, does wax paper tear away easier because it's waxed? I have a good deal of parchment paper around the house. That's not waxed, but close.

I think I'll try that with my border.

Cordelia, I guess it's not really paper piecing, but ironing the freezer paper on the material and cutting the pieces out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia
    Thanks, everybody, for the encouragement. I had ulterior motives for posting that pic -- so I could get a little feedback. There are all kinds of things I can do, but my problem with that block is I don't have the skill to do curves. I wanted to sort of do a meandering drunkard's path on it and accentuate the circle.

But, I don't have the skill to do that. But, that border can be paper pieced and I can do a good job with that one.

Bettelove, I actually go to the dollar store and buy the gift tissue and actually do my paper pieceing with that.

But, does wax paper tear away easier because it's waxed? I have a good deal of parchment paper around the house. That's not waxed, but close.

I think I'll try that with my border.

I like to trace the paper piecing patterns onto muslin and pretend it is tissue and then I don't have to tear it off. It stays on with the block.

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 35 ... LastLast