Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Ruler with attached rotary cutter.

  1. #1
    Super Member Margie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Murrysville, PA
    Posts
    2,983
    I saw Eleanor Burns and several quilt shops use the most wonderful ruler. It is a Fiskars with a rotary cutter attached directly to it. It is not that little one like you see in Joannes. I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I could get one?

    Margie

  2. #2
    Senior Member LisaGibbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    792
    Try looking in the scrapbook section. I bought one years ago for scrapbooking, a fiskars rotary cutter and I loved it. Never thought about changing the blade, dusting it off and trying it for quilting.

  3. #3
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,365
    Blog Entries
    20
    It may be the one that they discontinued, but I don't know for sure.

  4. #4
    Super Member valleyquiltermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    MO.
    Posts
    2,689
    Just Google it they will come up, I just did.

  5. #5
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,303
    Fiskars stopped making it a few years ago. Once in a while, one shows up on eBay, or here. There are shorter ones used for scrapbooking, and DonnaDewwhatever also has a 12" one for fabric. That's sometimes available at Joann's.

    There is a 27" one from SewEasy that's made in Australia (the links below are for reference/pictures only - read more after):
    -
    http://www.sewingcraft.com/products.php?brandid=1030
    scroll down to Ruler Cutter Imperial R4186
    Select that and then click on the little picture to give you a better idea.
    Here's another picture of it:
    http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--389...ng_Accessories

    The Quilt Place in Rockledge Florida sells this same item.
    I've asked them numerous times to put it on their website because so many people ask about the Fiskars. They were holding off because they didn't have boxes for shipping it - it's very long.

    I just called and spoke to Maureen. She says they'll have it up in a few days on the website. The cost is $49.99 plus shipping.

    Here's the link to the store if you want to order online (keep checking).
    http://www.thequiltplace.com/
    or you can call and order it over the phone.

    I saw it when I visited the shop a few months ago.
    It's a huge, busy shop, and all the ladies were using it at all the cutting tables.
    It was very cool so we all bought one. I brought it home and put it in a safe place to use when I cleaned up my sewing tables.
    I'll let you know how it's working whenever I find it again. :roll:

  6. #6
    Super Member Margie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Murrysville, PA
    Posts
    2,983
    Well, I just answered my own question, after reading your reply. I called customer service at Fiskars(why didnt I think of that before DUH)...anyway, they discontinued making that ruler. The person who answered said she gets calls EVERY WEEK, people are looking for it...but they dont seem to care because they still havent brought it back. Wish I could buy one.

    Quote Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo
    Just Google it they will come up, I just did.

  7. #7
    Super Member Margie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Murrysville, PA
    Posts
    2,983
    I didnt see the one I was referring to...are you talking about the True Cut that fits into a track?

    Quote Originally Posted by MTS
    Fiskars stopped making it a few years ago. Once in a while, one shows up on eBay, or here. There are shorter ones used for scrapbooking, and DonnaDewwhatever also has a 12" one for fabric. That's sometimes available at Joann's.

    There is a 27" one from SewEasy that's made in Australia (the links below are for reference/pictures only - read more after):
    -
    http://www.sewingcraft.com/products.php?brandid=1030
    scroll down to Ruler Cutter Imperial R4186
    Select that and then click on the little picture to give you a better idea.
    Here's another picture of it:
    http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--389...ng_Accessories

    The Quilt Place in Rockledge Florida sells this same item.
    I've asked them numerous times to put it on their website because so many people ask about the Fiskars. They were holding off because they didn't have boxes for shipping it - it's very long.

    I just called and spoke to Maureen. She says they'll have it up in a few days on the website. The cost is $49.99 plus shipping.

    Here's the link to the store if you want to order online (keep checking).
    http://www.thequiltplace.com/
    or you can call and order it over the phone.

    I saw it when I visited the shop a few months ago.
    It's a huge, busy shop, and all the ladies were using it at all the cutting tables.
    It was very cool so we all bought one. I brought it home and put it in a safe place to use when I cleaned up my sewing tables.
    I'll let you know how it's working whenever I find it again. :roll:

  8. #8
    Senior Member lheartsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    small town Jersey
    Posts
    590
    i have one,,, but sorry its not for sale.... :)

  9. #9
    MTS
    MTS is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    I didnt see the one I was referring to...are you talking about the True Cut that fits into a track?
    As you found out when you called Fiskar's, the one you referred to is no longer being made.

    SewEasy has a similar one on the market.
    However, they are in Australia.
    The Quilt Place imports them, and they can be purchased from there.

    Wait a few days until she puts up the pictures on the website so you can see it in more detail.
    The links I provide were the only (ok, first) pictures I found.

  10. #10
    Super Member Margie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Murrysville, PA
    Posts
    2,983
    Thank you so much for that info. Do you know if you can use any rotary cutting blades or will it only use their brand?
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    I didnt see the one I was referring to...are you talking about the True Cut that fits into a track?
    As you found out when you called Fiskar's, the one you referred to is no longer being made.

    SewEasy has a similar one on the market.
    However, they are in Australia.
    The Quilt Place imports them, and they can be purchased from there.

    Wait a few days until she puts up the pictures on the website so you can see it in more detail.
    The links I provide were the only (ok, first) pictures I found.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.