Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rulers

I just bought the Edge ruler and am very disappointed with it. Can you suggest a ruler? I'd like it to be 6.5 x 18.5 (or 6x18), be clear, have black markings including 1/8.

Power Poster
    I have an Omnigrip 6 x 24 use it a lot. Also a O'lipfa lip edge ruler ( 5 x 24)that I am trying to use more often. It has a lip at the bottom that goes next to the cutting mat to make straighter cuts. It maybe working, sometimes that slips also.

Personally I prefer the ones with black markings on one side and yellow on the other (for use with dark colors). I'm not sure of the brand name. And lots of them. The large ones are fine for cutting large pieces but when working with small blocks or small cuts the smaller ones are so much easier to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by SueDor
    I have an Omnigrip 6 x 24 use it a lot. Also a O'lipfa lip edge ruler ( 5 x 24)that I am trying to use more often. It has a lip at the bottom that goes next to the cutting mat to make straighter cuts. It maybe working, sometimes that slips also.
    I urge you to check the measurements on your Olipfa ruler with a tape measure or your Omnigrip. Mine was no where near accurate and now lives at a friends house who only uses it for the straight edge.

I use my 6 x 24" Omnigrid all the time. A sandpaper dot in the corners keeps it from squirming while I'm cutting. I use my 6.5" square Omnigrid for squaring up patches and smaller blocks and fussy cutting & my 12.5" square for squaring up larger blocks.

Blog Entries
    if you can afford them or find them on sale, the new frosted Olfa rulers are absolutely the bomb! i love everything about mine. :-)

i also like the Wright's EZ line of rulers. lots of sizes. very easy to read. :-)

I prefer the Creative Grid rulers to the other ones.

Blog Entries
    I have an entire collection of Omnigrid rulers...I like to stick with all the same brand, just my feeling that it's more accurate that way.

Omnigrip rulers are great! I have a collection of them. JMHO.