Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: sasquatch quilt.

sasquatch quilt.

I know this is a long shot but has anyone here made a realistic sasquatch quilt or wall hanging? I am wanting to try to do this but am in no way artistic . I need some ideas.

Thanks!

Maybe you could get one to pose for you? ;-)

Seriously, how does a sasquatch quilt become realistic?

I would make just a forest scene with some *very* suspicious footprints.
    Long arm quilting in Carmel, Indiana http://quiltcycle.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    Maybe you could get one to pose for you? ;-)

Seriously, how does a sasquatch quilt become realistic?
    Not nice, I am being serious, this is important to me . I knew I should have kept it to my self. I was trying to get accross that I do not want a cartoon image.

Blog Entries
    http://www.google.com/search?q=sasqu...w=1041&bih=599

There are a lot of images at this site; perhaps you can make one of these work for your quilt. Keep us posted.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    Not nice, I am being serious, this is important to me . I knew I should have kept it to my self. I was trying to get accross that I do not want a cartoon image.
    Raedar63 - Go for it! There are no rules so whatever you come up with will be great. I don't know what this would look like but am very interested. I found this site that has some great footage you could use for ideas. Hope this helps.

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/books.php
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Have you thought about doing a siloette? They have an effect that captures the illusiveness of this creature. I live close to Foulke where the Foulke Monster is famous. (Also a sasquatch) Be sure to post when you get it done. I just sold some Forest animal fabric that would have worked very well for that. You could have placed a siloette walking in the forest.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

I think I will go with a silhouette and build a forrest around it so that it may not be immediatly visible to the viewer. A wall hanging it is! I can't wait to start on this!

Thanks for the links It will give me inspiration I plan on this being an art/landscape type piece.

Further ideas are also welcome !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    raedar, i don't think dunster was being not nice. I read the first line as being a joke due to the wink. And her second line, i read as that of a skeptic... not all of us believe that sasquatch is real. Your question is perfectly legitimate. My thought was that picture that is often shown of a silhouette in the woods, as others have suggested. Keep us updated on your progress, please
    Nancy in western NY

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast