Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Saving my pennies for a Bernina 750QE or Pfaff Creative Performance? >

Saving my pennies for a Bernina 750QE or Pfaff Creative Performance?

Saving my pennies for a Bernina 750QE or Pfaff Creative Performance?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:13 AM

Default Saving my pennies for a Bernina 750QE or Pfaff Creative Performance?

Wow, the B750QE looks perfect! Can't wait to try it. But....the Pfaff Creative Performance is PURPLE! lol
I currently have an Elna 6003 Quilter's Dream and would like to upgrade. I've never had a Pfaff or Bernina and they both seem to be well loved machines. Need to save my pennies so I have plenty of time to research. Can anyone tell me how the PCP is to FMQ on? The BSR is pretty high on my list so I'm currently leaning towards the B750. My skills are confident beginner but I want a machine that I can grow with. Would love some advice. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

I have the Bernina 440QE with the BSR and that's how I learned to quilt, with stitch regulation. People who have learned to regulate their own stitches sometimes don't care for the BSR, but for me it was wonderful. I don't know anything about the PCP, but if having a purple machine is important to you... LOL
Old 07-09-2012, 06:24 PM

My only advice is to save quarters and dimes too!
Machines are getting higher all the time!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 PM

I have Pfaff's. I love the IDT on Pfaff's. No need for BSR really ... and I must have an electrical force field because the BSR has never worked for me.

Keep saving and watch for sales. I bought my Creative Vision on sale and with 3 or 5 years interest free! I paid it off just a little early just because I could and I don't like time payments.

ali
Old 07-10-2012, 05:42 AM

I'm guessing I could put a purple skin on the Bernina :-).
Old 07-10-2012, 09:23 AM

I’m going to buy the new Bernina B750QE because of the big harp space, dual feed like IDT, thread cutter, and BSR.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:33 PM

Default Did you buy the 750QE

I have heard the 750 QE is fussy like the 820 and 830. What have you experienced?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 AM

My suggestion is to try out the different machines that you are interested in to see which one is a good fit. Also, pay attention while in the LQS to see how they treat their customers and ask about classes, repair, etc. We have a Bernia and a Viking not that far from each other. From the time I walked into Bellas they were great and here it is over 2 yrs later and I still love driving over to the store, about 30 min for me. The Bernia shop, I've been there several times and only go when I can't find what I want any place else. I've had more negative experiences there that good ones. I knew from he beginning that I wouldn't want to have to deal with these people on a regular bases so Bernia was out of the question. Plus, I've always been a fan of the Vikings, I think it was the black and white dresses they used to embroider. I have 4 Vikings now, I had the Ruby for a yr, loved it and traded it in for the Diamond Deluxe this past fall. There are always sales going on. My Ruby I got from the dealer, it was used, a whole 7 hours when I bought it. I got the warranty and classes along with it. Then after the Viking convention last fall the dealers had the option of buying machines that had been set up for them to take classes on so they were then classified as "used". I got my Diamond a less than half, I got a great trade in for my Ruby (they had it sold before I could get it to the store) plus I got free luggage with it. I also have the Mega quilter and the Viking #1. Most of the dealers also get deals for financing; mine is at zero finance rate until paid off. Check around and see what all options you can find and you may find you don't have to save as many "pennies" as you thought.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:53 AM

I have the Bernina 750QE and haven't found it to be fussy at all (but what machine brands don't have their quirks). I use thread from Connecting Threads all the time and never a problem. I also use it on a 10' Bernina quilting frame with QuiltMotion. Love it! There are a couple of quirks with the QuiltMotion and that could be the QuiltMotion software, but my dealer has relayed those to Bernina and they are definitely on it. Have only used the BSR a couple of times and it worked like it was supposed to. Very well built, heavy and love the larger harp space. My dealer is very willing to work with me and has also asked my advice on how to use the QuiltMotion, lol. You can also add the embroider unit to the 750 QE it's an optional package. I plan on getting that maybe later this year. If you're not interested in embroidery, you may want to check out the 710. My sister-in-law has that one and she loves it too. Bernina has some great deals going this week.

Last edited by AChristina; 03-19-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:19 AM

Think about 5 years down the road. Will you still like the purple or all the benefits of the other? If you're like me I change colors, but always seem to like and use certain features all the time. I wanted a certain machine because of one feature, but liked all the features on another machine, except it didn't have the one feature that I really liked. This weekend I used a friends machine that had the special feature I wanted. I am so happy 5 years ago I went with the machine with all the features and now don't miss the one I thought I really wanted.