Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 AM
romanojg

My suggestion is to try out the different machines that you are interested in to see which one is a good fit. Also, pay attention while in the LQS to see how they treat their customers and ask about classes, repair, etc. We have a Bernia and a Viking not that far from each other. From the time I walked into Bellas they were great and here it is over 2 yrs later and I still love driving over to the store, about 30 min for me. The Bernia shop, I've been there several times and only go when I can't find what I want any place else. I've had more negative experiences there that good ones. I knew from he beginning that I wouldn't want to have to deal with these people on a regular bases so Bernia was out of the question. Plus, I've always been a fan of the Vikings, I think it was the black and white dresses they used to embroider. I have 4 Vikings now, I had the Ruby for a yr, loved it and traded it in for the Diamond Deluxe this past fall. There are always sales going on. My Ruby I got from the dealer, it was used, a whole 7 hours when I bought it. I got the warranty and classes along with it. Then after the Viking convention last fall the dealers had the option of buying machines that had been set up for them to take classes on so they were then classified as "used". I got my Diamond a less than half, I got a great trade in for my Ruby (they had it sold before I could get it to the store) plus I got free luggage with it. I also have the Mega quilter and the Viking #1. Most of the dealers also get deals for financing; mine is at zero finance rate until paid off. Check around and see what all options you can find and you may find you don't have to save as many "pennies" as you thought.