Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scissors, Scissors, Where oh where are they?

Scissors, Scissors, Where oh where are they?

I don't care what I'm doing I cannot keep up with my scissors.! It is so frustrating. They are large and I can't wear them around my neck but I would really like to find something to attach to them that will beep when I clap my hands...Does anyone know of anything like this?

I have these wonderful 11inch scissors from Green OSK,INC. They are great and I have 2 pairs but can I keep up with them? No!

Any ideas? Remember they are too big to wear around my neck. LOL
    Last edited by Gladys; 09-19-2012 at 05:40 PM.

maybe you need one of those really big things that gas stations put on their restroom keys.

i understand how frustrating it can be. my thing is lost rulers. like you, the item being big doesn't seem to help. good luck.
    pdcakm alias pat
    If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

LOL Pdcakm, I agree. Whoever invents something like I described would be rich one day...

That looks like a winner.

Blog Entries
    I bought 3 12" magnets for my sewing room from Harbor Freight, each was $5.00 but now I ALWAYS find m scissorws, seam rippor and every thing magnetic!
    Patski
    always learning

No laughing here....I have taken the selvedges off of so much fabric and I have purchased several (oh, about 10 pairs) scissors and I have tied at least one pair to each of my sewing machine tables. I have tied them around the legs, around the plug in for the foot pedal. I have tied them to the nice clear sewing table that fits my Featherweight. I also have a pair tied to the ironing board. They are tethered on a selvedge, oh about 36-46 inches with a nice bow so that I can make them moveable if I ever need to move them. Then I have a pair tied to the sewing basket handle that I take to my chair to do my lap quilting. I have a pair tied to the basket that I carry to the area where I lay out my quilt pieces to decide how I am going to sew them. I have a pair on the table beside the dryer so that I can cut strings when the fabric comes out of the dryer. Now, these are all great scissors purchased with 40-50% off coupons and/or with the additional 20% off at JoAnn's fabrics. AND no one uses "Mama's Scissors" but Mama!!!!
    Busy in Ohio

I have so many pairs of sissors but are any of them where I need them!!!!??... I can so relate to your issue. I have actually considered teathering a pair to the cutting table, one to the ironing board , and another to my machine table. That way they will be where I need them.

Blog Entries
    I have tied mine to my sewing cabinet door before. That did help. Also they sell things to attached to your keys and when you push a button the alarm goes off on your keys to help you find your keys. I think that would work on the scissors. Just don't lose the button.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Power Poster
    How about a holster type thing or a tool belt like carpenters and/or electricians use?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast