Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: scissors

Alcoy (Alicante) Spain

Happy New Year. Good days. I am interesed in buying scissors of those who cut in zigzag tos ay in they have? And the Price. Thank you.
    Os he visitado a primeros de noviembre y vuestro paĆ*s, Estados Unidos me ha encantado. He estado en New York, Pensilvania y Houston

If you mean pinking shears, I have a pair but rarely use them. Basically all my cutting is done with my rotary cutter. The pinking shears I got years ago to use in a craft project that wanted the zig-zag edge on the fabric squares. I wonder if any of our board members use them. Oh, I remember some cut the fabric edges with them, saying that when they wash their fabrics later, the fabric doesn't fray or fray as much. Cost for a good pair ranges around $40 I believe at a Jo-Ann's store.

Ontario, Canada
    I have pinking shears from way back, when we "had" to have them.
    I don't know when they were last used.

When I really think I need them, I take out my rotary cutter that has the pinking shear blade!
    Much easier for the operator to use!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Fox Valley Wisconsin
    I have Gingher pinking shears...don't use them a lot, but love them when I do use them!

I have a pair of pinking shears , rarely use them. They do cost a fortune to get sharpened , any many professional sharpeners will not touch a pair of pinking shears.
    You can do an internet search for Ginger pinking shears.

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    I'm with QuiltE, get the blade for one of your extra rotary cutter handles.... way easier to use...and i have both pinking and serpentine, tho i don't find a lot of difference in the results of these two...