Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap Therapy System

Does anyone do (or has anyone done) any quilts with the Scrap Therapy system?/

It has you cut your leftovers into 2", 3.5" and 5" squares. You then sort them into Lights, Darks and other. There are several individual patterns and a book with patterns to use the squares - some for full size quilts others for Runners and the like.

If anyone has could you share tips you learned and share pics of what you completed?? Thanks

My 2 and 3.5 - Scraps
    Name:  Attachment-231034.jpe
Views: 91
Size:  51.4 KB

Wow, you are so organized! I have a large box under my cutting table where all my scraps go. I've always wanted to organize it but it seems a bit daunting. I think you might have inspired me.

Blog Entries
    I cut my left materials into fat qtrs, shapes. squares, circles, tumblers ect...it really nice to just pick from the piles of scraps when I just feel like sewing. It also controls the stash and packing them away.

I keep thinking I need to load up on caffeine, crank some tunes, and start cutting. But then I think, do I want 2" or 2.5"? Do I want 3.5 or 4 or ?

And then the mood passes, lol.

None of LQS are ScrapTherapy participants. I am pulling together enough strips for Bonnie Hunters' (www.quiltville.com) Weed Whacker. I have 2.5, 3.5 and 5inch squares cut but I thought this strip scrappy will clear out my shorter pieces. I will look for the ScrapTherapy books though. Thanks for something new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by willferg
    I keep thinking I need to load up on caffeine, crank some tunes, and start cutting. But then I think, do I want 2" or 2.5"? Do I want 3.5 or 4 or ?

And then the mood passes, lol.
    That is just what I did - lol!! The DH had some surgery last week so as I was playing nursemaid I did not want to get involved in a project that I could not drop at any moment. This is about 2/3 of what I had in scraps (I also have a 5" stack - not shown). I am thinking about trying this pattern

http://www.heirloomcreations.net/ind...list&Itemid=62

Something I could work a little at a time on!

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I cut my left materials into fat qtrs, shapes. squares, circles, tumblers ect...it really nice to just pick from the piles of scraps when I just feel like sewing. It also controls the stash and packing them away.
    same here. I organize the scraps after every project.

Quote Originally Posted by eparys
    Does anyone do (or has anyone done) any quilts with the Scrap Therapy system?/

It has you cut your leftovers into 2", 3.5" and 5" squares. You then sort them into Lights, Darks and other. There are several individual patterns and a book with patterns to use the squares - some for full size quilts others for Runners and the like.

If anyone has could you share tips you learned and share pics of what you completed?? Thanks
    I "sew" need to do this! Aargh!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeAnn
    Wow, you are so organized! I have a large box under my cutting table where all my scraps go. I've always wanted to organize it but it seems a bit daunting. I think you might have inspired me.
    I have a storage tote under the leaf of my sewing cabinet and a huge rolling tote stuffed with scraps that are too big to toss, yet too small to create a single project out of. :-( ;)

I cut most of my scraps into 1.5" strips, and use them for log cabin quilts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast