Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Scrappy quilt design - can you help

Scrappy quilt design - can you help

Hi
    Can you help. I have found two quilts that intrigue me and you know how it is - you are always adding to the list of what to make with all those scraps. I have found two pictures and really like both.

(third attempt at posting this so instead of saying first and second picture - I hope you know which one I mean by my brief description. Need to get back to sewing scraps together!)

I have seen loads of pictures of the this quilt, which is lots of different size square in a square. Does anyone know if there iis a pattern for this or am I going to have to draw it out?

The other quilt is two HST sewn together with a narrow strip of fabric - That is what I assume anyway. Does anyone know if this is correct and what the dimensions are?

I know you will help - you always do. Thank you xxxx
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image   

The top one is called scrappity-do-dah and you can get the pattern from the McCalls link below....good luck

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/conte...appity_web.pdf

I believe the second quilt is Jewel Squares designed by Kaffe Fassett.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMaris View Post
    The top one is called scrappity-do-dah and you can get the pattern from the McCalls link below....good luck

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/conte...appity_web.pdf
    Thank you.xxxxx

[QUOTE=EasyPeezy;4893595]I believe the second quilt is Jewel Squares designed by Kaffe Fassett.[/QUOTE

Thank you. emmm I think I have the book with this in. Amazing how you forget what you have. LOL. XXX

Both are very nice scrappy quilts. Look forward to seeing what you put together.

Yeah, I hate when I buy something and then find that I already have it. I have bought the same fabric at different stores. Guess I really liked it.
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
    Both are very nice scrappy quilts. Look forward to seeing what you put together.

Yeah, I hate when I buy something and then find that I already have it. I have bought the same fabric at different stores. Guess I really liked it.
    I thought I was the only one to do that. I have bought duplicate books, patterns, and fabric (sometimes not just twice, but three or four times). Can you say "senior moment"

Interestingly enough I started a Scrappity-Doo-Dah quilt just a couple of days ago. I have 2 charm packs I am using. I will make the quilt the size I want with a couple of added borders. It REALLY is fun and goes FAST!! After working on intricate piecing this is just fun and relaxing. It looks so difficult and is so easy!