Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scraps

With the increase of the price of fabrics, what are you doing with your scraps?

Using them for scrap quilts, sewing crumb blocks and sampler blocks. They are great for small projects too.

Blog Entries
    Hoping others will have a need for them; I don't do a lot of scrappy, but don't waste either.

well i basically just started quilting...
    and i really dont have a lot of room since i am back living with mom...teehee
    i used to get fat quarters...make my block...hang on to the big leftovers and throw the little ones away...
    well...mom has a basement...so now i have an airtight container that i am saving all my small scraps in...one of these days they will be turned into a scrappy quilt since i have never made one

I used to give them to my daughter but after my last trip to the quilt shop and spending an arm and leg on 4 years of fabric Im keeping every single scrap. Maybe separate colors into coffee cans.

Im loving sampler quilts right now, so I might as well save all my pieces of gold wait I mean fabric.

Blog Entries
    I've always saved leftover scraps from garment making, and I guess the first scrappy quilt was the one made from Granddaughters scraps. And from leftover cut pieces from that one, Ive started a tabletopper. I was raised to recycle fabrics by my mom, so it is just natural for me too. I've made a couple of queen size butterfly quilts using clothing from my daughters clothing. Right now , after several years of not doing much sewing, the scrap box is rather low, so now I can start saving again.

I've always saved scraps and made scrappy quilts (because I sewed clothing first, and my first quilt was completely from scraps), so I'm just doing what I always have.

Blog Entries
    making an i spy, making appliqued blocks that need little pcs. i did a funky chicken, funy cat funky cat and dog, and some blocks for others, now i'm thinking of doing a funky bug for a charity. use up little pcs.

Blog Entries
    I've got a ton of patterns I'd like to do with my scraps. Check out http://www.quiltville.com/

I've always saved my scraps and have made several quilts using the scraps and they have turned out nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast