Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Scribble doodle >

Scribble doodle

Scribble doodle

Old 09-07-2014, 10:45 PM

Default Scribble doodle

Having read the thread huge mistake, I have ordered the pocket size scribble doodle to put on my bag, which goes to classes with me. A light bulb moment came when I read the idea of using one of the by your machine to remember changes in colour when quilting a top.
I am making a 60 mile trip to a class and am bound to forget something I need and I don't want to keep purchasing new items. The lightbulb came I can scribble on one of these and ensure I don't forget.
After I can use it for my weekly class when I have said I have some fabric someone there can have and I always forget.
We need so many items jottings on paper by me always get lost . After retiring I hate, hate, hate. Did I say hate notes on paper. W

What do you think should it work . If I want a larger doodle will look in charity shops.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:58 AM

I use my iPhone to make those notes. My purse is too heavy to add something else to it, plus I'd probably forget the Doodle somewhere. Any Smartphone would work for the notes.

When I want a visual of something, I draw it in Paint on my laptop, save as a .jpg and sync it with my phone, but it is whatever works for you. I was considering buying a Wacom tablet to load my finished tops on to decide how to quilt them. Isn't it funny that we need more gadgets the more we quilt?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:09 AM

I don't have a smart phone I find them too intrusive on my space. iPad not always with me although it is a good idea when at home.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:59 PM

what is a scribble doodle?
Old 09-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

I have notes pin on my fridge and inside my front door so I don't forget. But I STILL DO !!!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:37 AM

That's my problem with a shopping list. You have to remember to take it with you!

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I have notes pin on my fridge and inside my front door so I don't forget. But I STILL DO !!!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

One thing about my phone I like is to take photos and I have a memo app. I will take a photo then send it to my email with a note or link and I can send to DH to pick something up on way home. Also if there is a particular item we like I take a photo and can match the photo with the item.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

i love making the notes on the phone because i always have it with me. my problem is remembering to look at the notes LOL
Old 09-11-2014, 06:43 AM

To me, a phone is a tool. It cannot dictate how or when it is used. I answer it IF I want to, not everytime it rings -- caller ID was so freeing and now I have an individual ring for those who are important (DH, DS, DD, DDIL, BFFs) and leave the generic ring for everyone else. Having a camera, photo album, music, news, note pad and reading material all in one small gadget is so convenient and lightens the load in my purse.

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
I don't have a smart phone I find them too intrusive on my space. iPad not always with me although it is a good idea when at home.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 PM

I used to make lists of things on paper...then most of the time, forget it on the counter......now I use notes on phone for lists..not to self, whatever....then there is also scrabble...play single. Me vs. computer... I have gotten used to it..took awhile, but now I do it more than I thought I would......BUT, I do not have casual conversations while shopping....nothing stranger than seeing people just "talking" while shopping..