Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Seeking good block/pattern to use with soft, creamy delicious fabrics >

Seeking good block/pattern to use with soft, creamy delicious fabrics

Seeking good block/pattern to use with soft, creamy delicious fabrics

Old 04-08-2013, 03:56 PM

Default Seeking good block/pattern to use with soft, creamy delicious fabrics

I purchased a fat quarter set of the Robyn Pandolph Love and Liberty fabric and it is so creamy and yummy. I was wondering if you have a favorite block or pattern that you like to use with soft delicate fabrics?

I saw this fabric line in McCall's Quilting magazine but they use it to make tiny (4 inch) pinwheels. This seems like a waste of such pretty fabric so I'm wanting something that is still delicate (I do like small blocks) around 5 to 7 inches finished block but doesn't cut the pieces all down to tiny scraps. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM

I'm interested in one of the latest patterns from Missouri Star Quilt Company. Check it out on their site or youtube. It's called Falling Charms which uses 5" charms and I believe 2" strips. They show theirs in soft colors~really pretty.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:40 AM

Yes, lovely lovely fabric. Where did you purchase it? I checked it out online & you have picked a winner. I will have to order somewhere online.

Just got a quilting book by Carolyn Forster called "Utility Quilting" On the front cover is a simple beautiful quilt using pastel colors. You can view the book on Amazon.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 AM

Oops hope this does not appear twice...lost it as I was typing. Anyway, I purchased a quilt book recently from Amazon by Carolyn Forster titled, "Utility Quilting". On front cover is a lovely pastel quilt that your fabric will go with perfectly. You can see a picture of the front cover on Amazon or just google & see videos.

Another pattern is called, "Square by Square" 67 1/2 in x 67 1/2 in. very simple 5 in squares. Also, there is another pattern in the book called, "Woven Squares" 68x68, using 5 in squares.

I intend to purchase some of that fabric too....where did you purchase it???
Old 04-09-2013, 06:56 AM

You might look at a pattern booklet called "On a Roll Again by Heather Mulder Peterson. Published by Anka's Treasures. There's also one just called "On a Roll." Both have some good pastel possibilties.