Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling at Christmas Bazaar

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingbee12 View Post
    Hi All,

This year I have the opportunity to sell at a Christmas Bazaar. It's mostly a craft thing, and so I'd like to get opinions on items that I should make to take. It's the first week of December, so I have a little time. I do not have a lot of Christmas Fabrics, I'm a little limited in that area. I have a medium sized box full, and am hesitant to make a lot of items with
    Christmas Fabrics, because then if they don't sell I have to hold on to them another year.

So, currently items that I can make are:

Potato Bags
    Table Runners
    Table Toppers
    Wall Hangings
    Doll Quilts
    Lap Quilts
    Bed Quilts
    Placemats
    Potholders

Suggestions of additional items are welcome.
    And, with those items, what colors and patterns would you recommend? These people come to this craft show to buy gifts and etc. I want to have a good display, and I'm a little nervous about this, as it's my first "real" show. I want to know what kind of items are most likely to sell, and what would finish out displays, etc.

Thank you for any help, or suggestions.
    Emily
    my suggestion is you should have started in JUNE....now you can pick 2-3 items and make 12 of each..that is about all the time you have left.
    AND skip the holiday fabrics...most won't buy them if they are holiday themed!

I think if you can make candle mats and table runners and mug rugs. You can make some of Xmas fabric and some in floral colors and also I've seen small wall hangings with the fruit/veg fabric. I've seen a lot of candle mats from Dresden Plate seems pretty popular. Good luck on your sale. It'll be nice to hear what you sell. Sue

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingbee12 View Post
    What are the Quilted Picture Holder small wall hangings? And what are crayon rolls?

Thanks
    I know what the crayon rolls are! They are a peice of fabric that is long enough to sew slots for several crayons and then they roll up with the crayons in them and are tied with a ribbon. Super cute and very easy to make and kids love them and they are a great way to store crayons for trips. You can choose 2 matching fabrics, one for the outside and one for the inside using fun fabric that kids love.
    jillnjo

I would bring items in all price ranges...
    Like 1 to 3 to 5 dollar items as well as more expensive items...
    K
    Those are eye popping awesome!!!! Marsye

Brother Duetta, Pfaff CV 5.5, Pfaff GQ 1200 and Grace Frame

small gift card purse

here is what a gift card purse looks like...there very easy to make and are so popular....Trish
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

What do potatoe bags look like?
    Trish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish88 View Post
    here is what a gift card purse looks like...there very easy to make and are so popular....Trish
    Very cute,thank you for sharing
    Mary

These are awesome! How big are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish88 View Post

Blog Entries
    Sorry I don't have any suggestions because I haven't been to a craft sale in ages. Got tired of walking through them, seeing the unbelievable high prices knowing full well that *I* could make the same things...but didn't (my problem).

I agree with lots of lower priced small items and a few larger items WITH cards with your contact info. Pass out those cards when people start to look at something, contemplate buying it, but start to walk away. Give it to them and say 'here's my card in case you change your mind'. If it's a large craft show, write down the booth number or location.

You could even list the item they were looking at on the back of the card. That way when they find the card when they get home they'll see that they were looking at 'xyz' at your booth and ohhhh wasn't that so cute!
    Good luck
    http://napquilting.com/
    http://alturl.com/euusk

My GOAL is always to ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast