Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sew I want to buy a longarm >

sew I want to buy a longarm

sew I want to buy a longarm

Old 08-23-2010, 11:39 AM

I have a Bernina 830 with the quilting frame..just started trying to use it..love it but its a bear to keep getting on and off the frame so I can use it for my embroidery....now trying to decide ..do I want to buy a long arm such as the Lenny by APQS or buy a Bernina 820 and keep it on the frame..what do you all have and what have been the bad issues and good points..is there anything I should stay away from. I am diffently just learning and need likes of practice. What do you all suggest? blessings
Old 08-23-2010, 12:19 PM

I've also got the 830. But, if I were to get a long arm set up, I'd go with a different machine than the 820. I'd get an Innova which would cost a bit more, but I think would make you happier. I don't know if an Innova or the ones you've mentioned would work on the Bernina frame. You'd have to ask. But, although I love my 830, I would go the more industrial route and get a true long-arm. If the frame is what's making your decision for you, I'd say consider selling it and buying a complete long-arm set-up. I wouldn't want the frame to limit my decision about buying a longarm. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

You might want to join the homequiltingsystems group at http://groups.yahoo.com for lots of info about midarm and longarm setups. I would also be looking at the Innova.