Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Machine Carriers >

Sewing Machine Carriers

Sewing Machine Carriers

Old 01-28-2015, 03:00 PM

I found my sewing machine tote at Overstock.com....thought that was 5 years ago and I am not sure that is the name of the site anymore. I have a Pfaff, which needed a larger size than anything I could find locally.

I hope you find the tote you are looking for.

Dina
Old 01-28-2015, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2 View Post
Thanks for the responses. As far as pricing goes, my thinking is if I'm gonna spend big $$ on a machine that is going to last me the next 15 years I need to purchase a quality carrier that is going to last as long and will be easy to maneuver. I checked out several and even tried one a friend purchased that fit my machine nicely (without room for the extension table) and the price was right $129 but I don't like the way you pull it along. It has wheels on the back side and legs on the front. That means pulling this heavy machine on an angle and hoping my hand does not accidently let go. I can just picture the damage that would do to my machine. The Tuttos are made so that you are walking it along, not pulling it. I did check out Wal-Mart and Joann's as well as several other places and none of those places have the larger sizes. Amazon has the XL and XXL but still pricey. Would love to find exactly the color I want and would be willing to pay the higher price if, and that is a big if, I could get a lime or turquoise one. Everyone has black or red. Thanks for your tips. Keep them coming and I'll keep looking.
Any chance this one is it? I couldn't figure out its size...as far as XL, etc., but it is lime green. Oh, wait, there is a turquoise one too. Maybe one of these is what you are searching for?

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...YE&searchidx=1

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...1/product.html

Dina

Last edited by Dina; 01-28-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:23 PM

I bought the size that the web site said and wished I had bought one size bigger my machine fits but it is hard to get in and out
Old 01-29-2015, 06:42 AM

I found the on ebay for a lot less. They showed a lime green for $169 but I didn't check the size.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/351038327728?rmvSB=true
Old 01-29-2015, 08:38 AM

If you look at the Tutto website it looks like the 2XL only comes in black and the 1XL comes in black, purple and red.

The links above appear to be for either the medium or large bags.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:40 AM

Also on the Tutto website it looks like there is only a $40 difference between the 1XL and the 2XL. You might be able to find it for less, but if that is the $ difference I personally would go with black (only choice looks like) and the 2XL
Old 01-29-2015, 09:02 AM

So I finally decided to call Tutto, which is located in S. San Francisco to ask if the lime or turquoise are available in the XL or 2XL sizes. Although they sell to wholesalers only they said the two larger sizes are only available in Black, Red or Purple and the smaller sizes come in the pretty colors I wanted. Isn't that always the way? There will be a booth available at the upcoming Sew Craft shows but I don't know how much they will be charging. Since the next one coming close to me is in a few more weeks -- San Mateo--I think I'm going to hold out a little longer to see if I can get a better price. And after that show the next one is in Sacramento in March.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 AM

I love my Tutto!!! Bought it at Quilt Odyssey a few years ago - they had terrific prices - my color (turquoise) was sold out so they shipped my order. Along with my machine carrier, I bought the case for my embroidery unit and the serger tote - not for a server but to carry other stuff. It sits right on top,of the Tutto carrier. This Tutto is for my Viking SE LE and fits perfectly although I do take it out from the side because I always use my hard case inside, although I don't have to - there are straps to,hold the machine in place.

I I do have other carriers for other machines - and yes, they all have wheels on the back, feet on the front and tilt to pull. I don't mind it but the Tutto is SO much easier and it fits between the cars in the garage - the other kind I have to take out the front door - a bummer because of some steps. Overstock has good prices but if you can attend a larger show where they are vending you will get better prices - I know I did and now that I own a Babylock Ellisimo Gold 2 sewing/embroidery machine that is BIG, I need something much larger so will look either at AQS Lancaster or Quilt Odyssey this coming summer.

Sorry for being so wordy hope this info helps.
Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 01-29-2015, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2 View Post
Thanks for the responses. As far as pricing goes, my thinking is if I'm gonna spend big $$ on a machine that is going to last me the next 15 years I need to purchase a quality carrier that is going to last as long and will be easy to maneuver. I checked out several and even tried one a friend purchased that fit my machine nicely (without room for the extension table) and the price was right $129 but I don't like the way you pull it along. It has wheels on the back side and legs on the front. That means pulling this heavy machine on an angle and hoping my hand does not accidently let go. I can just picture the damage that would do to my machine. The Tuttos are made so that you are walking it along, not pulling it. I did check out Wal-Mart and Joann's as well as several other places and none of those places have the larger sizes. Amazon has the XL and XXL but still pricey. Would love to find exactly the color I want and would be willing to pay the higher price if, and that is a big if, I could get a lime or turquoise one. Everyone has black or red. Thanks for your tips. Keep them coming and I'll keep looking.
You could also try the Yahoo Group: SewItsForSale. I have seen people listing and looking for Tutto bags there. I love my Tutto bags. I have one for my FW, one for my Janome, and the embroidery bag that I use for carrying supplies.

Also check out Allbrands.com for pricing.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:58 PM

I would never pay $210 for a sewing machine carrier, that's just to outrageous of a price for me...I got mine
at Harbor Freight, with a coupon. It was only $20!!! Grant it, it was olive green heavy weight canvas, but I
got a wild green print and placed a strip of it on the front and back with my monogram. Everyone asks me
where or who I bought it from. It's amazes everyone that I made it personalized for just me. And, as was
stated by someone else, it has pockets on the inside and an outside pocket that I carry my 6x24 inch ruler in.
Fits perfectly!!! (like a glove)