Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine case >

sewing machine case

sewing machine case

Old 05-13-2016, 02:17 AM

I love my rolling 4-wheel Tutto bag. I like the smooth casters and the ability to load and unload it from the car just by grabbing it by the bottom frame. It is sturdy. It does not strain my arms like carrying the machine by itself. I hated my 2 wheel rolling case. Too cumbersome. I travel with my Janome 3050. My big machine stays home. Yes, they are pricey but the investment is worth it.

Sandy
Old 05-13-2016, 02:32 AM

Remember even with a rolling case you still have to be able to pick it all up to take it in and out of the car. I have mine in a bag and use a rolling cart. Yes, I have to put it on and off the cart but it is easier for me to lift the whole assembly in pieces than if I had to lift it all together like you do with the rolling machine cases.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:52 AM

I have a Tutto for my computerized machine and I have never had any issues with vibrations hurting my machine. Hope it helps.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:43 AM

I had rolling ones but got too heavy to lift in and out of the vehicle. I bought a garden cart at Costco and fill it up with my traveling machine and all the equipment. I roll it out the door. Unload into car. Drive to classes. Load back in cart and roll into class. This only works if you don't have stairs. I use this in Arizona but not in North Dakota. The extra equipment is also in totes so I am only lifting about 3 things in and out of the cart.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

When I purchased my Singer 2662 portable, I put it behind the driver seat and strapped it in with the seat belt.Glad I did. I was rearended and some old glass vases headed for the thrift store all broke. I was able to get out and grab mypurse, phone and sewing machine before it burst into flames. At least I got the essentials out and slightly pulled back muscle. Btu the machine was saved.
Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
I put my. Bernina in a bernina trolley bag. Vibration no trouble. Then one day the trolley was in the boot of my car when I did an emergency stop ( I could have run over boy rushing out of a side street without looking) when I got to class and took my machine out of the trolley the back had been pushed over the top. Luckily a local shop had a handy man who put it right. Since then my machine travels behind the drivers seat and is far more secure than in the boot.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:15 AM

I bought a cooler last night for transporting my hand crank when we go fishing. It will also serve as my seat so all I need to take along is the folding wooden TV tray..
Old 05-13-2016, 07:34 AM

Welcome from AZ. As you will soon see for every question, you will find 100 answers LOL. And as with most issues, do what works for you. While attending classes, I've seen a lot, if not all, variations of transport. From fancy $3 or 400 cases to milk crates zip tied to folding hand carts. If you are rolling your machine hundreds of yards to get to where you are going (plane), use a well padded container, if you are parked in front of the shop, usually no cart is needed, depending on your physical condition. You will see the statement "your quilt, your rules" multiple times on the Board. It applies to most questions, just use the answers as a general guideline.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:40 AM

Years ago I purchased a a rolling cart that was for shopping I guess. I lined it with fabric. It holds my machine and all my notions. I bought it at Target 25 years ago. Now, the same cart has wheels which you can use to climb the stairs. With the pockets, etc., I have put on my liner, many people have offered to buy it.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:06 AM

I only take my Featherweight or Bernina 1020 from home. My computerized Bernina never goes out except for service. Having said that, I do have 2 Bernina rolling totes (from an estate sale, yeah!) and one from JA bought with a coupon. I agree with previous advice regarding travel mode, etc. There are lots to choose from. I was considering buying a Tutoo before my estate sale purchases. The Bernina cases are well designed and very well padded although a bit heavy when loaded with machine, tools, and fabric.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:51 PM

I too have a Tutto. I love it. I put my machine in it and away we go. I just make sure the machine is strapped in good. I travel all over with it.