Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine case >

sewing machine case

sewing machine case

Old 05-12-2016, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

I have all kinds of machine cases. Some came with the past machines, some I bought, and some given to me. I would say buy a rolling and a non rolling one. Each has it's own use.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

I have a sewing machine case on wheels I got from Hancock's when they were here on sale. I also have a less expensive case without wheels. I don't belong to a guild but wanted the cases to be able to tote and move if need be. the case Ihave is a little large so I use small scatter rugs (heavy) for extra protection.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:30 AM

It seems to me that the main thing is to get a case that is sturdy enough to handle the weight of the sewing machine you have. That may mean you need a specialized case if you've got one of the large modern computerized machines. Or you may be able to get away with a rolling craft tote or suitcase if you've got something smaller.

Rob
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
Old 05-12-2016, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

when taking mine in to be serviced, i just put the hard case top over it. slips over. then seat belt it in the car. Now if you want a rolling one, i have one available after I move this summer. I doubt i will ever use it. But i will be in Texas (hopefully).
Old 05-12-2016, 06:48 AM

I bought my DD one from JA. smallish not expensive for her machine. She traveled quite a bit with it. It has straps to fasten machine in then she packed clothes, fabric etc around it. She would check the machine case and go. Little case crossed the country many times. She still has it, still in good shape.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:56 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies! My machine is a computerized one, so i'll keep your advice in mind as well as how i'm going to use it. I'm excited to get started, and I know I'll be posting questions to this forum as I go along!
Old 05-12-2016, 07:22 AM

I put my. Bernina in a bernina trolley bag. Vibration no trouble. Then one day the trolley was in the boot of my car when I did an emergency stop ( I could have run over boy rushing out of a side street without looking) when I got to class and took my machine out of the trolley the back had been pushed over the top. Luckily a local shop had a handy man who put it right. Since then my machine travels behind the drivers seat and is far more secure than in the boot.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:38 AM

I have a rolling case for my machine that I bought about 15 years ago. I have a computerized machine and have never had problems. I can't imagine that the vibration would hurt the machine unless you are planning to roll it around for 3 or 4 hours. Machines vibrate when they are used and that doesn't hurt them. I only use mine to take the machine up and down stairs and to the car. It works great.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:41 PM

considering how the machine vibrates while stitching out a design, I would doubt the vibration from wheels would do much. Sounds to me like they were trying to pitch their products
Old 05-12-2016, 12:56 PM

I was taught by the sewing machine repair guy to always put the need down when transporting a sewing machine.