Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sewing tuneups

I sent my embroidery machine in for a tune up and inspection to a local q shop. It has now been 1 month and I hear nothing. When I call them they sat they will have the repair person call me but I hear nothing. anyone else ever have this situation?

This is why I don't take my Viking in for tune-ups. The dealer my Rose was purchased from in 1996 not longer sells sells sewing machines & he as well as other sew & vac shops in my area have a guy that comes in, picks up the machines & services them elsewhere & then hopefully returns them the following week. There are no Viking dealers in my area. So, I just pray that my machine keeps working as I've heard so many horror stories with machines coming back in worse than when they were taken in for "tune ups".

Yea there can be problems. I just got my machine back after 9 months in the shop. They kept breaking things when they were trying to repair it. It is still not quite right but I am not going to take it to the same place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
    Yea there can be problems. I just got my machine back after 9 months in the shop. They kept breaking things when they were trying to repair it. It is still not quite right but I am not going to take it to the same place!!!
    OMG. that sounds awful and frustrating.

Blog Entries
    maybe should learn how to repair yourself. can't be any worse than what the repair shop did. at least you would be learning something.

I am very fortunate, the Viking dealer that I bought my machines from has never had my machine for more that two weeks and sometimes less than that.

A lot of LQS around here have the service of machines done by two different places. One is a young jerk, other is an older guy that may have been good with the older machines but, not with the newer ones.

klc
    I was very fortunate. I took my 2 older machines in to my local JoAnn's that has a repairman come in once a week. He cleaned and fixed both machines on the same day. I could have stayed and watched, but I prefered to shop. I hope I am as fortunate when my new Horizon is due for a cleaning at my LQS.

I call my shop ahead of time to "schedule" a tune-up and ask what the turn-around time is before I bring it in. If he tells me it's going to be weeks, I'll wait and keep checking with him for a more convenient turn-around time.

He's never failed to answer the phone and tell me where he's at with my machine though. The minute that happens I'd drop him.

Blog Entries
    Wow, I call my shop and let them know I will be coming and ask if it is convenient to bring it in. It is a 3 hour drive so they work on it and I go to lunch and visit the local shops. I have never had to leave it overnight! They are absolutely the most wonderful dealers in the world IMHO! I have been dealing with them over 30 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast