Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Sharon Schamber method for sandwiching?

I have done only one small quilt, but I used 505 spray basting and it worked beautifully. It was quick and easy and has held together for over a week and I'm still working on it. I've heard it will hold for months if not years. I'll soon be 68 and there is no way I'd ever be able to work on the floor. I give it many thumbs us.
    jean

I spray baste and then use pins sparingly. It works for me. It keeps the quilt steady and from moving around.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarina View Post
    I'm sandwiching my first (2) quilts and watching Sharon's method would like to know if anyone was used spray basting instead of hand basting. Thanks in advance for any info. Diane

With Sharonschamber method what on earth do you need spray for?
    tute never fails for me.

Blog Entries
    I have never spray basted, but I love the sharon schamber method of hand basting! I think the boards should stick out a few inches on either side of your backing for better controll of the boards. and with the boards, you can bast a small section, then put it away for later if you can't get it all done at once. Since I have 4 small children, being able to put my quilt away in the middle of basting is vitally necessary!
    I quilt for my sanity!

I spray baste or use Pelon Iron On Heavy batting for small quilts, otherwise I send out the larger ones to my lqs

i use spray and fix called 505 it is so great no need for venting it has no odor and it works wonderful. i use it for table runners place mats anything you can move it around and get it where you want then sew... and it has never gummed up or no need to even wash after use.. love it.. easy and neat.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7