Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: She had to be avquilter!

She had to be avquilter!

I'm loving my new vintage Kenmore, but i've had a heck of a time getting a precise quarter inch seam. It only has a regular foot and the configuration of the foot and feed dogs don't allow for tape on the plate. Of course i put tape on the bed but still not good. So today i was fiddling with it again when i noticed that someone had scratched a mark on the plate. Hmmm...could this be a quarter inch mark? Of course it is! Thank you, previous owner, you had to be a quilter! Who else would do that!

Lucky you!
    raynhamquilter
    I hope you dance!

Blog Entries
    You can get a short shank 1/4" foot at Hancock Fabrics, and I think Joann's also that will work on that vintage Kenmore.
    I have a vintage Kenmore from the 1970's and it's compatible with Singer parts. So any foot that fits on a vintage Singer would probably work on your machine.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Thank for the info...i'll be getting a quarter inch foot..my Kenmore is from 1975 so that should work.