Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A Show of hands

Red face A Show of hands

How many of you have or know someone who was driven insane by paper piecing? I hope I am not the first! lol

Blog Entries
    I haven't learned how to pp yet.

That is a future "goal" I want to learn.
    Louise - I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world . Also collect homemade pincushions, and sewing/quilting themed fabrics.

Don't feel too bad. It has taken me 2 years to get my head around this method and I still need to concentrate really hard.

For me the hardest part is working backwards with everything. I am not giving up though and making good progress with a bedrunner. I am up to removing all the paper now. Something to do in front of tv of a night.

My advice is to practice, practice and pick a design that does not have too many small components to start with. Good luck with it.

Blog Entries
    It is very relaxing when you get into it. The first step is the hardest the rest just follow on. Paper pieced quilt
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Finished is better than a UFO

I tried paper piecing several times and I hated it. Finally mastered the technique, now tried the "picture piecing' method by cynthia england and that is twice as difficult for me. Think I will go back to plain old piecing lol

Blog Entries
    sometimes it drives me nuts, but it sure helps when tiny pieces have to be just right. so i persevere.
    Nancy in western NY

Yes, working on a quilt with lots of pp, had been away from it during the holidays and a new GD, tried to get back to it last weekend, finally had to walk away, will try again this weekend.

Blog Entries
    I haven't learned how to pp yet. I want o and need to jump right in.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

If you're finding it difficult, you might be able to find a good class. I learned in a class at the LQS and had no problems after that. I understand that the books by Carol Doak are also good. Also I find that the add-a-quarter ruler is a wonderful tool that makes PP much easier.

I, too, had to finally take a class. Just could not wrap my head around 'words' only and utube wasn't cutting it (no pun intended) either. The class was awesome and a great 'aha'. It was for a NY Beauty style quilt...that I still haven't figured out how I want to hand quilt...but that's just ANOTHER issue.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast