Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shredding fabric....

This may be too late for this project, but I will tell you about a problem I once faced with inconsistent and ravel-y seams in a block swap. Instead of ripping and remaking blocks that someone else had assembled, I pressed well and topstitched each seam before putting the blocks together in a top.
    the topstitching held the seam flat and prevented anymore raveling. I've washed and dried this quilt often since 1995 and it is still going strong.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Some fabrics ravel when they are cut into small pieces. Using Frey Check is a lot of work and makes the edges stiff. I would use a smaller stitch and a larger seam like others have suggested. My Omigosh quilt sheds like crazy. I have to used my lint roller every time I work on it. The seams aren't getting any smaller and the threads are very short, probably less that 1/2 inch. The fabric is all cotton quilt shop fabric. Name brands so that isn't a factor.
    Sue

It should be fine once quilted.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondee View Post
    I decided to go ahead and finish this project and quilt it within an inch of its life. If nothing else it will be the picnic quilt this summer. I am going to look and see who the manufacturer is though. Thank You All!
    I would contact the manufacturer....if this was quilt shop quality fabric they need to know.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2