Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A silly question about the Calico Cat shop >

A silly question about the Calico Cat shop

A silly question about the Calico Cat shop

Old 12-29-2009, 05:15 AM

that fabric has been around for over a year check around on the net for a lower price?
just my thought ;-)
Old 12-29-2009, 06:45 AM

I would say GRAB IT "NOW". It is already on sale and may not even be available by the time you order it. Good Luck!!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

I have looked but never ordered.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
Over the Rainbow Quilt Shop on Camano Island in Washington is very reasonable and they have over 12,000 bolts of fabric.
I was recently there and the only reason I had to pick my jaw up off the floor was seeing so much fabric in 1 place. It was awesome.
I was at Over the Rainbow recently too! What fun it was! I found a purple Olfa mat for my sewing buddy who loves purple! Great place and FUN, FUN, FUN French Bulldogs "work" there! Dog Lover, were the dogs there during your visit?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
Originally Posted by dglvr
Over the Rainbow Quilt Shop on Camano Island in Washington is very reasonable and they have over 12,000 bolts of fabric.
I was recently there and the only reason I had to pick my jaw up off the floor was seeing so much fabric in 1 place. It was awesome.
I was at Over the Rainbow recently too! What fun it was! I found a purple Olfa mat for my sewing buddy who loves purple! Great place and FUN, FUN, FUN French Bulldogs "work" there! Dog Lover, were the dogs there during your visit?
I didn't see the French Bull Dogs. The poodle/lab was there. I think the Bull Dogs were in the house though. Laura did take us out to visit the Alpacas and Donkeys. Oh what a place. I must have spent 4 hours there. I could have spent more time but my brother was being so patient I did try to hurry SOME. Well thats what I was telling my brother anyways.
Thats him in the last picture playing on my computer while he waited. Next time I'm in W. Washington I'll go back up there and do a shop hop. There were some other shops in Stanley but we had to get back. It was so awesome to see everything.
I've been watching the animals grow up on their website and to finally see them in person was just amazing. No other shop I've
ever been to compairs. I'll have to let ya know when I come back over. My brother lives in Renton so I may just have to go visit just so I can go to Camano Island.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61734.jpe   attachment-61735.jpe   attachment-61736.jpe  
Old 12-29-2009, 10:23 AM

I think the owner of the Calico Cat is retiring and closing up shop.
I haven't been there in ages.
Kirsten
Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

WOW!!! I will put that shop on my list the next time I head north :D:D:D
Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 PM

Wow, Dglvr, you got a way better tour than we did! :mrgreen:
They were very busy the day I was there with a Laurel Burch sale. The Frenchies belong to her grown daughter who was there working. It didn't take any time at all for them to spot me (a dog lover that dogs seem to recognize). It was such a fun time playing with them. I would have LOVED to see the donkeys and other critters!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
Wow, Dglvr, you got a way better tour than we did! :mrgreen:
They were very busy the day I was there with a Laurel Burch sale. The Frenchies belong to her grown daughter who was there working. It didn't take any time at all for them to spot me (a dog lover that dogs seem to recognize). It was such a fun time playing with them. I would have LOVED to see the donkeys and other critters!
Well I guess you'll have to wait for me to take you next time.
I emailed them before I went and asked if I could have a farm tour. I had to see the babies.