Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine

Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine

I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion for this cutter. I am debating on buying one but wanted to get honest opinions of it.

TIA

Blog Entries
    This topic has been addressed a few times on the list. It pretty much gets panned, as it is not sufficiently accurate for quilting. It might be useful for cutting strips to make rugs, though.

I have one and do not like it at all.

I have had one for several years and never used it, I found was hard to get to cut accurately. I just started using it to cut strips from scraps for string blocks where I don't care if really they are really even.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

I searched the site and couldn't find anything about it so I apologize if this has been covered before. Thanks for the responses. It sounded to good to be true. lol

Blog Entries
    It's great for strips for rag rugs, crochet or knitting fabric strips, and other projects where accurate size is not crucial. It's too hard to get perfect cuts to use in quilting. I have the Simplicity binding machine and it's fantastic.
    Got fabric?

I just got one for Christmas. Not a fan. It does work, but I can cut much faster with my rotary cutter. Maybe I will get better at it, but wish I'd gotten something else.
    Holly