Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: singer 7467 quilt; anyone tried it or have u other favorite reasnable priced sewing machines?

it looks very nice but a bit pricy for me thou but i can always dream.
    or do you have other ones you like?

Blog Entries
    It's a nice machine for under $300. I have the Singer Quantum, the first version, and I love it. It has not given me one problem in the years I have had it. It's heavy duty for a computerized machine. I got to sew on the new Bernina 830 last week. Now that's a machine I could dream about.

I won't have a new Singer, they aren't your grandmothers machine as far as reliability. I have 2 elnas, 1 Kenmore, 1 Husquarna, 2 Singers(1930's) and 1 Montgomery Wards. My opinion on the new Singers.

Banned
    i had a singer 7464 for years without any problems. then i got the singer futura embroidery machine so i gave the 7464 to our church.

the 7464 has been in use making charity quilts for another 3 years without any problems.

while their are better machines on the market - bang for the buck you can't go wrong.

i paid $150 for the 7464 and its still going strong and not 1 additional penny has been put into that machine.

Blog Entries
    I would not buy the new Singer or Brother sold at Walmart. They are made different, per WalMart spec so the price can be low. A Singer or Brother sold at a dealer is a whole different machine.

Banned
    do they have walmart in norway?

i guess they must, walmart has spread around the planet like the flu.

Blog Entries
    Maybe you can check a local dealer/repair shop and pick up a used machine that is in good working order...saving some money so you can get the machine of your dreams sooner :wink:

no walmart here :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    do they have walmart in norway?
    Norway's huge government pension fund divested itself of close to $430 million of Wal-Mart stock in 2006 after an investigation by the fund's ethics council found what it called "serious and systematic" abuses of human and labor rights. There's one in Norway, Maine, however. :wink:

Singer's new machines are not rated as highly as they used to be. Kenmore (Sears) is now rated better than Singer if that's an option for you.

Banned
    good for Norway