Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Singer Sewing MachineTouch & Sew

Blog Entries
    When I turn the knob on the side of the sewing machine its really tight. I took the bobbin thing out and put a few drops of oil in it and it didn't work. Can anyone give me any ideas of how to fix this myself? Nothing is stuck. I cried of course that didn't help and I really need this machine. My husband hours have cut back and I was trying to make some christmas gifts and Im stuck..Help!! Don't have a lot of $$ so I was trying be a little creative now machine s down. :( There is no way for me to take it to the shop or even get another one right now. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks everyone.

Blog Entries
    It sounds like it could have some threads caught somewhere. I would clean it really well before I did anything else.

Blog Entries
    I took it apart on the bottom and top and didn't see anything. I'll try it again. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Do you have a manual for the machine? Or call the Singer toll free number and ask for troubleshooting help!

Blog Entries
    i really hope you can figure it out..do you have any sewing friends that can take a look at it for you?
    try a touch and sew yahoo board maybe?

what model # is it? I have 1 I can look in the book and see if there's anything to help.

I had a similar problem once. Checked everything I could think of. Just when I was about to get seriously upset, I noticed the bobbin winder peg was in the engaged position. I moved the peg over and I was able to sew again. Hopefully, your problem is as easily solved. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Blog Entries
    Model # is 7462

Blog Entries
    I don't know where the manual is. It's been misplaced sense we moved. I haven't come acrossed it yet. I hope it's a easy fix as well. I am making quilts and stockings for the old folks . I really like the 3 seam blocks and I know the old folks would love it.Thanks for all the help. I think I bit off more than i can handle. I need to make 21 quilts by Christmas.. But now i am at a stand still. I already lost it and cried. I hate to have to call the old folks home and back out.

Blog Entries
    I will try this as well. Thank you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast