Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sit down quilting machine >

Sit down quilting machine

Sit down quilting machine

Old 02-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

If you look at the Sweet 16 please note that its table has a slight difference in height that makes use of rulers or the cruise control a bit more challenging. I ended up getting the overlay for the table. Today, I would get the Baby Lock Tiara where this issue has been resolved.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:31 AM

I'm looking for the same thing but I have a budget of under $1,000 if possible. It'll be 2 years before I can afford a machine over $1,000. I was wondering about a Juki.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:42 PM

I have the Brother PQ1500s which is similar to the Juki that I think you are talking about. I love my PQ - I got mine used for $350 including shipping. It quilts like a dream and I've done some pretty big quilts on it, I use it as a sit down quilter. Reviews from Folks who have the Juki (98, 2001, 2010 are the models like the Brother PQ1500) indicate that they are also very happy using them as sit down quilters. I think they are an excellent option within your budget.

Rob
Old 03-01-2017, 04:49 AM

Check out the one from Leah Day, she does you tube videos, I can't remember the name but it from Gracie, I'm not sure of the cost, the show prince was around 3500 that included the table. So far Leah likes the machines and I like her videos even though I don't have the machine yet. You can also check out Brother, I think their frames are made where you can sit or stand, Angela Wolf does a lot of videos on them. Good luck
Old 06-29-2017, 04:56 AM

Getting excited! I am currently researching Midarm machines and am booked in for a test drive on the HQ Sweet 16 next week. Unfortunately where I live there are only two options...either the Sweet 16 or the Bernina Q20 if you want the support of a dealership ( and i do!). Very grateful for all the threads on this topic. Lots of really valuable information. At the moment I am leaning towards the Sweet 16. Have tried it a number of times at the shows and liked it, but now want to really have a good look. I do a fair bit of Wholecloth quilting and have some anxieties around not being able to be as precise as I currently can be on my Pfaff QE. I love my Pfaff machine and am somewhat hesitant.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhondals View Post
I'm looking for the same thing but I have a budget of under $1,000 if possible. It'll be 2 years before I can afford a machine over $1,000. I was wondering about a Juki.
I bought my Juki2010Q for just under a thousand. It's not a longarm, but I quilt all of my quilts on it and love it. It's a great quilter, if you don't mind moving your quilt around a lot. You learn how to do it. I do a lot of walking foot quilting on it, but it also FMQs like a dream. I'm saving up for a bigger setup, but it's going to take me a while and in the mean time, I'm happy with the 2010Q.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thequiltyarn View Post
..........have some anxieties around not being able to be as precise as I currently can be on my Pfaff QE. I love my Pfaff machine and am somewhat hesitant.
Consider this ... were you precise with your PfaffQE from the get-go?

I am sure you will be able to be just as precise with the S16 ....
Like most things, it's all about practice, practice, practice ......
Old 07-22-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I bought my Juki2010Q for just under a thousand. It's not a longarm, but I quilt all of my quilts on it and love it. It's a great quilter, if you don't mind moving your quilt around a lot. You learn how to do it. I do a lot of walking foot quilting on it, but it also FMQs like a dream. I'm saving up for a bigger setup, but it's going to take me a while and in the mean time, I'm happy with the 2010Q.
It's funny. This winter I saw the Juki 2010 at a quilt show in Florida. The salesperson gave a glowing recommendation but I didn't think it would be a good option for me. Now, after reading so many comments here on the QB, I am really thinking it might be a great machine for my next step. I can't wait to try it out some time soon. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2017, 06:54 AM

Hi Nillabug sorry I can't help with a machine although I do have the HQ 16 with the pro-sticher and love it, but would like to welcome you back to the board from NE Ohio. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you get.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhondals View Post
The JukiTL2010Q is currently on sale at Amazon. I bought one for FMQ and I'm loving it!!! I haven't seen the price this low in awhile (I was researching it ) It's a great machine!!!