Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sizzix releasing NEW dies for fussy cutting

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sizzix (Ellison actually) has had CLEAR dies out for year for scrapbooking your photos. NOW they are bringing out the Clear dies in larger sizes for Fussy cutting your blocks in quilting!!!

Due out Nov. 30th!!!

Circles, squares, and triangles!

Also some new BIG shot pro dies for charms and strips!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    Sizzix (Ellison actually) has had CLEAR dies out for year for scrapbooking your photos. NOW they are bringing out the Clear dies in larger sizes for Fussy cutting your blocks in quilting!!!

Due out Nov. 30th!!!

Circles, squares, and triangles!

Also some new BIG shot pro dies for charms and strips!
    Hey, that's great news, my new big shot pro should be here this week!

That is great. I love my big shot pro. I found I can use acuquilt go dies. I put a piece of corrugated cardboard under them to shim and they work great.

Pds
    Just got my BSP a couple of weeks ago. I already had a GO! that I really do love, but the BSP was such a good deal and because of the size, could cut more layers. The drawback is it is not as portable---it doesn't fold up and weighs a ton, so I put it on a utility cart that my DH had purchased for the garage, but hadn't put together yet---so I claimed it :) . My quilting space is a little tight, but so far it is doable. I am thinking I might move it up to the family room and cut out up there watching tv. Anyway, you can use the GO! dies with a shim and I think the Studio dies as is. Where did you find the annoucement for the Sizzix dies?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bjchad
    That is great. I love my big shot pro. I found I can use acuquilt go dies. I put a piece of corrugated cardboard under them to shim and they work great.
    an OLD cutting mat works too!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pds
    Just got my BSP a couple of weeks ago. I already had a GO! that I really do love, but the BSP was such a good deal and because of the size, could cut more layers. The drawback is it is not as portable---it doesn't fold up and weighs a ton, so I put it on a utility cart that my DH had purchased for the garage, but hadn't put together yet---so I claimed it :) . My quilting space is a little tight, but so far it is doable. I am thinking I might move it up to the family room and cut out up there watching tv. Anyway, you can use the GO! dies with a shim and I think the Studio dies as is. Where did you find the annoucement for the Sizzix dies?
    from my distributor. You can see them at www.checkerdist.com
    but there are NO pix yet...just the info like sizes.

Blog Entries
    :thumbup:

I have the original Sizzix and have had great success with the old dies. I can hardly wait for these.