Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Slider for free motion quilting

I am free motion CHALLENGED! Just can't seem to improve. Has anyone tried the Sliders? Here's one at LaPierre Studio Says tacky-back Teflon sheet grips your machine’s sewing bed so your quilts moves effortlessly as you free-motion quilt.
    $29.95 freemotionslider.com

Seems a little expensive.

Blog Entries
    It's worth every penny! I don't quilt without it anymore.

I got one from Daystyle designs a couple of months & it makes a huge difference for me.

posted by SCowkal on 11/15 "instead of spending so much for a slider, buy the teflon baking sheets. Cut a hole for the needle and you have the same thing and I am not sure they are no slippery-er? They are brown instead of white but you don't need to see through them anyway. I use three to completely cover the main part of my sewing cabinet and it is absolutely great when FMQ."

Quote Originally Posted by bigsister63
    posted by SCowkal on 11/15 "instead of spending so much for a slider, buy the teflon baking sheets. Cut a hole for the needle and you have the same thing and I am not sure they are no slippery-er? They are brown instead of white but you don't need to see through them anyway. I use three to completely cover the main part of my sewing cabinet and it is absolutely great when FMQ."
    Do you tape them down with masking tape?

bj
    I keep forgetting I have one until after I've wrestled with the quilt. I need to figure a way to store it in plain view. I bought it right before I went to Austin to babysit my grandson 2 years ago. Found it again when I was organizing all my quilting stuff when I came back home full-time.

Between Frankfurt and Heidelberg, Germany
    I bought the "Sew Slip" b/c it was more reasonable, so don't know about the freemotion slider. Using such a thing makes a HUGE difference in quilting.
    Maybe a baking sheet is ok as well, but you have to tape it down with double sided tape, I guess.

Dee Dee, I happen to have an extra one brand new in the package. PM for info

Katier825 - I love your chevron quilt pic.

JudyA

Thanks so much. I sent a PM.

Are there any brands or styles that are better than others?