Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Slow Machine >

Slow Machine

Slow Machine

Old 01-22-2012, 01:21 PM

well, I'm glad that's not lurking in my hand crank anymore, but it doesn't seem to be going any faster
Old 01-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

I found what appears to be a free manual online here:
http://homeappliance.manualsonline.c...machine-595232
Looks like you have to register on the site (free) in order to download it.

Also found a free download at this website:
http://www.imarksweb.net/book/free+d...me+model+l+392

I would experiment with running the machine with no thread or fabric, presser foot up. If it is slow running this way, then I would suspect there is something wrong with the foot pedal. I'm thinking the foot pedal may not be sending the correct signal to the machine regarding speed.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM

My husband says "that's not fast?" so maybe it's just me. Seems like it's holding back or being governed somehow. Compared to my other Janome, which does have a speed control slide-y thingie, it's about 3/4 of the way "fast". Oh well. It will do!!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:37 PM

Thank you for finding these!!! One will be printed tomorrow and come in VERY handy!!
Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I found what appears to be a free manual online here:
http://homeappliance.manualsonline.c...machine-595232
Looks like you have to register on the site (free) in order to download it.

Also found a free download at this website:
http://www.imarksweb.net/book/free+d...me+model+l+392

I would experiment with running the machine with no thread or fabric, presser foot up. If it is slow running this way, then I would suspect there is something wrong with the foot pedal. I'm thinking the foot pedal may not be sending the correct signal to the machine regarding speed.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:57 PM

My Pfaff has a slider ont he foot controlwhich limits the top speed, but some machines have it builtinto the front of the machine itself. it looks like > >> >>> or something like that. Do you know anyone else with that machine? Does thier run the same top speed? Can you borrow thier foot and try it on your machine.... thereby identifying if it is the attached foot or the machine that is at fault?

Best Becks
(who always turns the foot control speed down when she loans it to a student in class)
Old 01-22-2012, 03:08 PM

No, I don't know many sewers locally. I don't see anything on the machine or the foot that indicates speed.

I took the top off and thought it looked pretty clean too. So I oiled it and noticed some thread wrapped around something. It took a while, but I think I got it all off. Plugged it in and fired it up. It's doing much better. The funny thing is: I have 4 sewing machines. As far as speed, it would come in 3rd. The winner would be, no contest, my Kenmore from the 1960's!

Originally Posted by cheezythequiltmaker View Post
My Pfaff has a slider ont he foot controlwhich limits the top speed, but some machines have it builtinto the front of the machine itself. it looks like > >> >>> or something like that. Do you know anyone else with that machine? Does thier run the same top speed? Can you borrow thier foot and try it on your machine.... thereby identifying if it is the attached foot or the machine that is at fault?

Best Becks
(who always turns the foot control speed down when she loans it to a student in class)
Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 PM

WOW no wonder I think I would be running a little slower with myself in a bind as well..........lol
Old 01-22-2012, 06:06 PM

Yup! That'll do it!