Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Snails Trails and Stars Quilt >

Snails Trails and Stars Quilt

Snails Trails and Stars Quilt

Old 01-03-2015, 04:21 PM

My post about this pattern was deleted....I have judy martin's book, and I am trying to draw this on EQ so I can play with the colors before making it. My post had a screenshot of my drawing and a link to judy's pattern....not sure why it was deleted, but if anyone can help me figure out how to draw the small star/ triangle pieces, that would be great! I can play with colors with what I have drawn, just hoping to learn a little more about the EQ 5 program....hopefully this isn't breaking the rules......
Old 01-03-2015, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Didn't you show a log cabin w blk bkgrd for your daughters wedding gift? Two daughters? Just curious.....either would be beautiful
Same granddaughter. Not sure which quilt to make. Love them both.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:22 AM

On Pinterest, I absolutely loved the Shakespeare one made of 30's repro fabrics, soft, delicate but beautifully blended.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:31 AM

Really like the pattern too! Thanks for sharing the links.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:10 AM

The conservative, non-daring person I am, I love the colors as they are. So rich with movement. Absolutely beautiful.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:12 AM

I love this pattern. Bought the book to make it and have been collecting blues and whites to make it scrappy. It's on the bucket list. Have to make a baby quilt for DGS due to arrive this week, Lord willing!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:19 PM

Never would have thought of putting these two blocks together, How cute is this?
Old 01-05-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
Looking for a quilt pattern to use for my GD's wedding quilt. I really like this quilt and am wondering if you know where I may purchase the pattern and directions. Also, have any of you made this quilt and how does it look with multiple colors? Thank you for your help. (Not sure what the "real" name of this quilt is.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504457[/ATTACH]
I do believe this pattern is either the Judy Martin Shakespeare or the Fons and Porter quilt. I think that the thing that makes this quilt pictured more interesting is the way the blues are placed in the 'snails' block. It creates an illusion of an alternate friendship star along with the obvious 'star' block. Just my observation.
Marcia
Old 01-05-2015, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by marciacp View Post
I do believe this pattern is either the Judy Martin Shakespeare or the Fons and Porter quilt. I think that the thing that makes this quilt pictured more interesting is the way the blues are placed in the 'snails' block. It creates an illusion of an alternate friendship star along with the obvious 'star' block. Just my observation.
Marcia
Marcia! I agree. Love these colors. However, I searched this pattern out on Pinterest and found one done in colors that I love too. The colors, I believe, would be more appropriate for a wedding gift as it is modern with a traditional touch. Thank you for your input. Yolanda
Old 01-05-2015, 04:43 PM

She also has one that is the same layout, but the star blocks are all different. Its called Virginia Star Sampler and its in a book called Knockout Blocks and Sampler quilts. There are MANY quilts in that book that are on my Bucket list!