Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So close, yet so far and so disappointed! >

So close, yet so far and so disappointed!

So close, yet so far and so disappointed!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:31 PM

I have been waiting very anxiously (unpatiently) for my new Tin Lizzie 18 to be delivered! I guess I'm a very literal person because when they said, "it takes a week to be delivered," I honestly expected it to be here in one week! Well, a little over two weeks later the shipper called and said it would delivered between 4pm and 5pm today! Yeah! I rushed home and waited and the semi truck pulled up and I could hardly contain my excitement! But then the trucker opened his mouth and said the box was here. What? Just one box? No, no, no, there should be three boxes! "No," he repeated, "just one box, I don't know why it says three, they only gave me one." So...he brought the one box to the door which just happened to be the machine head and my heart stopped, I froze, I couldn't breathe...NO...the box had been dropped! One corner completely ripped off, one corner smashed in, and one side smashed in AND the strapping tape was busted! I looked at the driver as he just stood there waiting for me to thank him! I said, "Who dropped this? It's been dropped!" He said, (like I was some idiot), "Well, this is all I have, I need for you to sign for it." "No...I don't think so! What if it's damaged?" The driver said, "I guess you could open it up and see if it's okay." I had my son carry it into the house, I started to slit the top seal (the only one not busted) and then my brain finally realized what was happening! I stopped and called the store and told the owner what was going on, she was upset. She said to refuse the shipment! So, I had my son carry it back out and told the driver I was refusing the shipment because only 1 of 3 boxes were delivered and the the one box, which had the machine head had clearly been dropped and I couldn't be sure the machine wasn't damaged! It cost way too much money to take a chance! So, he asked me to sign the delivery slip and I looked at him like he was crazy. So...I wrote, "Refused deliver, only one package delivered and it was busted." Oh....to come so close yet not get my machine! I'll probably have nightmares tonight! Talk about stressful! The owner of the store where I purchased the machine was calling Tin Lizzie the second we got off the phone to tell them what happened and to order me another machine. I called the transport company manager and told him I had refused the delivery and why. He said, "Oh...I might have your other boxes here at the warehouse, do you want me to send them on out, will you accept delivery then?" No...I politely told him because the machine head had been dropped hard enough to bust the seals and tear off parts of the box! I said you might as well plan on sending the shipment back because I won't accept it damaged. I politely told him that I didn't understand why they separated the shipment when it comes from Tin Lizzie on it's own skid, with all three boxes shrunk wrapped together to protect it! He said, "Hmmm, I'm not sure but it probably just came to us like that!"

Thank you for letting me vent! I think I'll go make a glass of cold iced tea and try to calm down! Oh...so close and yet so far...I was ready to sew the night away!

Vanessa in Oklahoma
Old 07-13-2011, 02:34 PM

So hard to be so excited--yet disappointed at others (your shippers) who don't fulfill their promises. Good for you to call the company, and refuse the shipment.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:40 PM

so sorry - l'd be putting something a bit stronger in my glass than iced tea with all that stress!!
hang in there - it'll arrive soon and intact!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

Your excitment and disapointment is so heart felt. Good that you kept your head about you and refused the shipment. Your next dilivery will be that much more sweet for the wait. Good luck and post when you are up and running!
peace :D
Old 07-13-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
so sorry - l'd be putting something a bit stronger in my glass than iced tea with all that stress!!
hang in there - it'll arrive soon and intact!
Yeah, I'd be pouring out some iced tea of the Long Island variety...

Good for you for refusing damaged goods. After you get your machine all set up, this'll just be a speedbump that slowed you down a little bit. :)
Old 07-13-2011, 02:49 PM

I am so glad you had the foresight to refuse -- GOOD FOR YOU. Wait for a good undamaged one. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-13-2011, 02:58 PM

Disappointing, but better to refuse than end up with a lemon
Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Oh, you poor thing - you have my heartfelt sympathies, but you did the right thing. The only other thing I might have done was to take pics of the state of the box while you had it in the house. Hang in there, it will be lovely when it finally comes.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:02 PM

I hate when stuff like this happens! You did exactly the right thing and you'll be rewarded for your patience!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:03 PM

I'm glad you stopped opening it. How would you know whether something was wrong with it? I'm glad you called the company you purchased it from. Good luck on your next machine. Sally