Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So yesterday... >

So yesterday...

So yesterday...

Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 AM

I went to my friend's house just across the river from Harrisburg and we went to the new and improved Joann's that she told me about last summer. They had a pretty big store before but they rented the store next door and tore out the walls...now they are HUGE. I walked in the door and said to Bev...did I die and go to heaven? Their fabric goes on for miles...lol. I was able to purchase the June Tailor shape cut ruler in the store...online it says online orders ONLY. Quilting books and magazines galore...in long and end cap racks all over the store. They have a classroom and have 4 quilting classes coming up in Nov. and Dec. It's a bit further from my house than the Joann's I usually go to...but unless I need something like yesterday...this one WILL be my Joann Fabric and Craft store.

On another subject...Bev's late hubby's cousin(I've talked about her before here) lives and breathes quiting 24/7. She normally does everything but she is having a pretty extensive stenosis surgery in a little over a week and had 2 tops pieced (Bev told me they are gorgeous...one is all batiks) that she needs quilted right away. So...Bev went with her to this long arm quilter's home not too far from me. One of the quilts is a king and the other one is a queen size. Bev told me what the woman is charging Betsy...$100. each to do all of the quilting. One is going to have dragonflys and Bev could not remember the other quilting pattern. I said wow...that is a great price. Bev said this lady said all that she does everyday is quilt. She does 20 quilts a week and she said she is always pretty much behind because her business is always booming.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

wow, what a great price for LAQ. i don't doubt that she is busy! i can't even imagine doing 20 quilts a week!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:01 AM

boy that would be a major feat. she must eat sleep and breath quilting on the long arm. I can't imagine doing 20 a week unless they are small, but if the friend is taking in a king and a queen she must really know her business.