Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I cleaned out my herb boxes yesterday...

...and this is the thanks I get???!!! WHAT THE HECK???!!!

lin
    Oh my gosh!!!!! :lol: :lol: I'm not laughing at you MissTreated. I'm laughing with you. Oh, that's right. You're not laughing are you? :oops: It's really beautiful though you must be pulling your hair out with that much snow this time of year. Summer will come. I promise.

We had summer. It was, um, Thursday, I think. :?

M

YOU JUST GAVE ME THE GREATEST IDEA!!

I'm going outside to clean out my little flower boxes I started. Maybe if I do, it'll snow!! WOOHOO!! COME ON SNOW!!!

tirnhi- that is just sick and wrong :):):)

This is a current view...

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy M
    tirnhi- that is just sick and wrong :):):)
    WHAT??
    If it happens to her, I could only HOPE it would happen to me!!

where the navy sends us, for now its Lansing MI
    WOW.. where do you live? I thought it was bad getting snow yesterday here in UT but we did not get anywhere as much as you did.

I live a bit north of you. And it's STILL coming down!!!

M

SEND IT HERE, SEND IT HERE!!!!

You are too funny Terri! lol Well, we dont have any sun yet, but no snow either, just dull and ucky lol, ok, hmmm, ok, i want snow too lol, better'n clouds'n rain lol Can't believe how much snow some of you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Barb M
    You are too funny Terri! lol Well, we dont have any sun yet, but no snow either, just dull and ucky lol, ok, hmmm, ok, i want snow too lol, better'n clouds'n rain lol
    I would LOVE to have my 4 seasons back. Being born and raised in New England, I loved it!
    As we get older, we always say that we are going to go someplace warm when we get older. Ok, I'm older. I'm someplace warm and I'm pretty tired of it. It gets old after a while. Sure, it's nice when you hear about people freezing in blizzards and you are sunning on the beach, but when people start talking about the pretty spring and fall colors and all you have been seeing is green, green, and MORE green 24/7, 365 days a year, it really is pretty tiring.

And you lovely people from the U.S. think I live in a cruel climate... stuck out here in the North Atlantic with icebergs and pack ice drifting by my shores all summer long...

We are enjoying a stretch of 14 days of sunny weather (with 5 more forecast)!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Icebergs and ice pack floats by when the weather is warm?
    Can you tell I am a bit naive about THAT far north?
    My mom had a friend that she went thru nursing school with and they kept in contact constantly. She had moved back to Newfoundland and mom always said we were going to visit her, but never did. I had met the lady many times when she came "south" to visit family and so wished we had gone to her home.
    But, Mamagus...stay where you are and I'll come visit!!
    Once I get off this "pebble" and back to the states, hubby is either going to be joining me for road trips or he's going to have to have a picture of me to remind him what I look like!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Okay M I found your pictures--no wonder you had a sad face on in your reply... I would too. I'm so so so so so so sorry. I'd feel sick if that happened here. Whenever it snows on my daffodils--I want to cry. One year--it was 20 years ago--It drifted on my happily blooming daffodils. I had a new baby, so crying about it was easy. My husband went out and moved the snow off each bunch scattered in the yard. I knew I had married the right man. :wink:

Hey--wait a minute...it's NOT coming here is it??? Shadow had a winter storm warning this week--is she in the states? M---you're in the states???

Oh jeepers...I'd better check a forcast. (smiley biting nails here)

Terri--you're going to work on flower boxes to see if you get snow...you crack me up :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Okay M I found your pictures--no wonder you had a sad face on in your reply... I would too. I'm so so so so so so sorry. I'd feel sick if that happened here. Whenever it snows on my daffodils--I want to cry. One year--it was 20 years ago--It drifted on my happily blooming daffodils. I had a new baby, so crying about it was easy. My husband went out and moved the snow off each bunch scattered in the yard. I knew I had married the right man. :wink:

Hey--wait a minute...it's NOT coming here is it??? Shadow had a winter storm warning this week--is she in the states? M---you're in the states???

Oh jeepers...I'd better check a forcast. (smiley biting nails here)

Terri--you're going to work on flower boxes to see if you get snow...you crack me up :lol:
    Hey, I'll try anything!!!

Blog Entries
    Hey guys...I'm sooo sorry about your snow. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your post! I haven't been watching the weather--been out in the yard working on my garden & flower beds. MY IRISES ARE STARTING TO BLOOM!! I'll post some pics later today, after I mulch the other beds...that is if it doesn't rain.

Terri- get going on your boxes..keep the dream alive, I say, heck- ya' never know!!! :lol: :lol:

That's what I'm thinking too!
    If it could happen to one person, then it could happen to me too!
    There's always hope!!

We got snow here in Minneapolis, too. :roll:

It didn't stop all night long and it's still snowing. We've gotten probably 15 inches so far. And hey, mamagus, that's just mean. :D

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    My mom had a friend that she went thru nursing school with and they kept in contact constantly. She had moved back to Newfoundland and mom always said we were going to visit her, but never did. I had met the lady many times when she came "south" to visit family and so wished we had gone to her home.
    Once I get off this "pebble" and back to the states, hubby is either going to be joining me for road trips or he's going to have to have a picture of me to remind him what I look like!!
    We certainly do have pack ice and icebergs well into July some years.

Do you know what part of Newfoundland your Mom's friend was from?

You are most certainly welcome to come visit me! We can enjoy the icebergs together!

What I hate most about spring snows is the mud that comes after. Fortunately we are not expecting any - just a low in the 30's during the week. About to go get 40 bags of mulch - already spread 25 yesterday. I also love garden pictures.

With the beautiful view you have, sit back, cup o tea in hand, loved ones by your side and enjoy. Just beautiful, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    We certainly do have pack ice and icebergs well into July some years.

Do you know what part of Newfoundland your Mom's friend was from?

You are most certainly welcome to come visit me! We can enjoy the icebergs together!
    No, I don't. I want to say...St John's, maybe?
    I would LOVE to come visit. Have ALWAYS wanted to visit there.

You all just wait!! Once I am stateside, ya'll are going to be locking your doors and drawing your shades ! I WILL COME VISIT!!!

Where will you end up stateside?

Barb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast