Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I cleaned out my herb boxes yesterday... >

I cleaned out my herb boxes yesterday...

I cleaned out my herb boxes yesterday...

Old 04-26-2008, 12:24 AM

You are too funny Terri! lol Well, we dont have any sun yet, but no snow either, just dull and ucky lol, ok, hmmm, ok, i want snow too lol, better'n clouds'n rain lol Can't believe how much snow some of you have!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
You are too funny Terri! lol Well, we dont have any sun yet, but no snow either, just dull and ucky lol, ok, hmmm, ok, i want snow too lol, better'n clouds'n rain lol
I would LOVE to have my 4 seasons back. Being born and raised in New England, I loved it!
As we get older, we always say that we are going to go someplace warm when we get older. Ok, I'm older. I'm someplace warm and I'm pretty tired of it. It gets old after a while. Sure, it's nice when you hear about people freezing in blizzards and you are sunning on the beach, but when people start talking about the pretty spring and fall colors and all you have been seeing is green, green, and MORE green 24/7, 365 days a year, it really is pretty tiring.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:17 AM

And you lovely people from the U.S. think I live in a cruel climate... stuck out here in the North Atlantic with icebergs and pack ice drifting by my shores all summer long...

We are enjoying a stretch of 14 days of sunny weather (with 5 more forecast)!!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-48797.jpe  
Old 04-26-2008, 03:25 AM

Icebergs and ice pack floats by when the weather is warm?
Can you tell I am a bit naive about THAT far north?
My mom had a friend that she went thru nursing school with and they kept in contact constantly. She had moved back to Newfoundland and mom always said we were going to visit her, but never did. I had met the lady many times when she came "south" to visit family and so wished we had gone to her home.
But, Mamagus...stay where you are and I'll come visit!!
Once I get off this "pebble" and back to the states, hubby is either going to be joining me for road trips or he's going to have to have a picture of me to remind him what I look like!!
Old 04-26-2008, 03:41 AM

Okay M I found your pictures--no wonder you had a sad face on in your reply... I would too. I'm so so so so so so sorry. I'd feel sick if that happened here. Whenever it snows on my daffodils--I want to cry. One year--it was 20 years ago--It drifted on my happily blooming daffodils. I had a new baby, so crying about it was easy. My husband went out and moved the snow off each bunch scattered in the yard. I knew I had married the right man. :wink:

Hey--wait a minute...it's NOT coming here is it??? Shadow had a winter storm warning this week--is she in the states? M---you're in the states???

Oh jeepers...I'd better check a forcast. (smiley biting nails here)

Terri--you're going to work on flower boxes to see if you get snow...you crack me up :lol:
Old 04-26-2008, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Okay M I found your pictures--no wonder you had a sad face on in your reply... I would too. I'm so so so so so so sorry. I'd feel sick if that happened here. Whenever it snows on my daffodils--I want to cry. One year--it was 20 years ago--It drifted on my happily blooming daffodils. I had a new baby, so crying about it was easy. My husband went out and moved the snow off each bunch scattered in the yard. I knew I had married the right man. :wink:

Hey--wait a minute...it's NOT coming here is it??? Shadow had a winter storm warning this week--is she in the states? M---you're in the states???

Oh jeepers...I'd better check a forcast. (smiley biting nails here)

Terri--you're going to work on flower boxes to see if you get snow...you crack me up :lol:
Hey, I'll try anything!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:32 AM
Power Poster

Hey guys...I'm sooo sorry about your snow. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your post! I haven't been watching the weather--been out in the yard working on my garden & flower beds. MY IRISES ARE STARTING TO BLOOM!! I'll post some pics later today, after I mulch the other beds...that is if it doesn't rain.

Terri- get going on your boxes..keep the dream alive, I say, heck- ya' never know!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 04-26-2008, 04:33 AM

That's what I'm thinking too!
If it could happen to one person, then it could happen to me too!
There's always hope!!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:58 AM

We got snow here in Minneapolis, too. :roll:
Old 04-26-2008, 06:49 AM

It didn't stop all night long and it's still snowing. We've gotten probably 15 inches so far. And hey, mamagus, that's just mean. :D