Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Soaked cutting mat

Blog Entries
    Last fall I bought a Bebe mat at the Quilt Show. The salesperson had never heard of soaking the mat to reinvigor it. She assured me my mat would last a long time. Well needless to say my mat has so many cut grooves I can't use it. I'm going to try the soaking but I don't understand what the vinegar does.
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    fons & porter suggest you put some white vinegar in the water too. It makes it new agaain
    Patski
    always learning

For all that are soaking and drying their mats, please don't have the following happen to you. I forget where I read this, but it is hilarious.

This lady had soaked her mats and had laid them out on her driveway to dry. It was quite warm, so she figured they wud dry good, and flat. So after maybe an hr, she goes out to get them and they're GONE!! After looking and not finding them, she asked her hubby if he'd seen them..Answer? "Yes, I thought you were pitching them so I put them in the trash"!! She did get new mats outa this disaster...lolo So just be careful where you dry your mats..lol
    Last edited by Oksewnsew; 02-19-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: re-word

Blog Entries
    if you use a pink eraser ,like the school ones they clean the mat also the big ones are faster to clean with. DottieBug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3