Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: software

I'm wondering if anyone has used any of the quilt design software available , and if so can you recomend or "not" recomend any? I've seen "Electric Quilt" used on some of the sewing programs. Looks so amazeing, but expensive. I would appreciate any advice.

Blog Entries
    I have used EQ6 for several years now and I love it!!! I just bought the upgrade to EQ7 :D:D:D

Thank you, I think that was one I was looking at.

I also had EQ6 and upgrade to 7. I'm still a beginner at it and have learned that the lessons are there for a reason!! :shock: After doing some of the lessons things really started making more sense and it became much easier!! :-D

I can also atest to the friendly nature of the customer service/tech support at EQ. No question too dumb. Sometimes you can even get a laugh out of them! :-D Have always been very friendly and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie
    I've seen "Electric Quilt" used on some of the sewing programs. Looks so amazeing, but expensive. I would appreciate any advice.
    Try Quilt Wizard. It's the scaled down version of EQ and you can usually get it for around $30 at Joannes or Hancock. You can do quite a lot with the program and it will give you an idea if you want to spend the $ for the full version of EQ. Don't forget to register so you can go to the website for new designs every month.

I use Quilt Pro. It's a little cheaper than EQ but not as many users so not as many people to sap patterns with. They do have a free block every day & a free quilt pattern every month.

Blog Entries
    I, too, have used EQ6 for many years and just upgraded to EQ7. it does way more than I use, but it does everything that I need.

I started with Quilt Wizard and enjoyed it a lot. Now I have EQ but the other was a good starting point. (and a lot cheaper)

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie
    I've seen "Electric Quilt" used on some of the sewing programs. Looks so amazeing, but expensive. I would appreciate any advice.
    Try Quilt Wizard. It's the scaled down version of EQ and you can usually get it for around $30 at Joannes or Hancock. You can do quite a lot with the program and it will give you an idea if you want to spend the $ for the full version of EQ. Don't forget to register so you can go to the website for new designs every month.
    Amazon.com also has Quilt Wizard for $24.95. I just got it and am learning how to use it. Since I'm a beginner, I thought it would be a good way to experiment with color and layout combinations.

Try www.MyWebQuilter.com. It is free to get started.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast