Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Some quilting gift ideas? >

Some quilting gift ideas?

Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 11-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

My kids are asking me what I'd like for a gift this year. I'm a mom so I say kitchen help and a hug are all I want. This gets an eye roll every year. ( I tell them that's my present watching the eye rolls). I'd like to know what you are asking for that can be wrapped. :lol:
Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 AM

Well, looking forward to early Christmas .... Dec 12, otherwise there won't be any presents. No one to get from nor give to. Hope you get what you want.....usually don't until you get a daughter inlaw. lol They always try to impress. Blessings, Ruth
Old 11-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

I dont know. I get asked too, and there really isnt anything I want. LOL, I cant imagine my boysorBF picking me out fabric, lol!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:06 AM

I tell my kids all I want is family peace and Harmony, They now say I know I know!!! But I have a couple feuding kids so I especially want that this year.(again)
Old 11-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

One year when my two adult girls were in a feud, I told them unless they resolved the matter, they could not be at my house at the same time. The oldest could come over the day before Christmas the youngest could come the day after Christmas. Neither could come Christmas Day as no one wanted to be around negativity or be reminded of why the other wasn't there. DH backed me up with no exceptions to our rule. By Christmas Day they had made up and acted nicer then when they were at odds.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:26 AM

I used to tell the kids surprise me...I know that whatever you pick will be the perfect gift for me because you put some thought into it. To me it was the giving and thought that were important not so much the gift that I was trying to teach the kids. The kids are adults now - Two years ago I mentioned a bread machine months before Christmas just in a conversation not as a gift of any kind and never thought about it again. They knew I would never purchase it for myself and it was a delightful surprise to receive one for Christmas. Grand kids always pick the "perfect" socks for me each year and they are so excited that they got to pick the design/color of them. These aren't quilting gift ideas but at the Holidays I guess for me it's ok. All my kids (sons and daughters) have grown up with an appreciation of my quilting and give me gift certificates to quilt shops as well as purchase fabric for me from their vacation destinations throughout the year. This Christmas I'm going to give myself a little something just as Santa used to do over the years - he always brought something for everyone. I'll be getting the twister ruler!

I Live in a small town... so something are not especially available. ( and I HATE paying over priced shipping for some of these companies) so this year my Christmas list to the kids was....
that perfume I like ( Dtr know better than me the name)
gift card to Fabric store ( I dont dare ask for fabric.. they would get some might fine fabric , even the boys.. but it would be for soemthign THEY wanted me to make!hehe)
cheese and summer sausages or cookies always work for use too......
I can never have enough hair do dads...
k3n
Power Poster

I'm asking for quilty books, at least, I'm leaving a list of titles laying about the place in the hope that SOMEONE gets the hint! LOL
Old 11-28-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I'm asking for quilty books, at least, I'm leaving a list of titles laying about the place in the hope that SOMEONE gets the hint! LOL
Love your avatar. Is is a one block wonder quilt? Do you have a picture of the original fabric??
Old 11-28-2010, 10:31 AM

Do you need a new ruler-one of a different size, cutting board, or rotary blades-they are expensive, new iron, machine needles, bobbin-tell them which kind, fusible web, new foot for your machine, gray or neutral thread, subscription to a magazine, pattern or book you've wanted, new seam ripper or scissors, decorative pin cushion, new CD to listen to as you quilt, attachable light for your machine. The list could go on, anything you use up during the year. This is the kind of list I give my kids and grandkids.