Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Star Quilt help

Hi,

My mom wants a quilt for her bed, which is a king size quilt. She loves the color blue, and we are working on deciding on a pattern. I already have batting, and am going to buy a backing in the next few months. She wants a pattern that is stars, with a light to dark/shaded blue background. Any ideas? She has liked one pattern in Easy Scrap quilts by Leisure Arts, that had gradiation, with stars in it, and there was also a Jinny Beyer pattern that was greens & Purples that had different stars in it.
    Those are examples. I want it to be something very nice for her, as I don't want to make more then one quilt! Any pattern ideas would be great.

If it could use scraps, less then a fq, that would be great, as that is what I have.

On a side note, A while ago, I got blue fabric from this group, as I didn't have enough to make her quilt. I never thanked everyone, as I was so overwhemled with the response. I am going to sit down and thank everyone as soon as I can, as I feel really bad about not thanking everyone.

Blog Entries
    This site has a lot of patterns :D

http://www.quilterscache.com/

Thank you!

I'm currently working on a blue & white king size star quilt based on the patterns from

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Happy-Qui...0452774&sr=8-1

The quantities are given for FQs, although I am only using 8 different fabrics in mine. Pattern is simple and very effective.

Alex Anderson loves star quilts and does soooooo many. You may want to check out her quilt patterns.

If you want to stick to FQs than the colorado log cabin with the stars in the quilt block sashings would be very pretty.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...283155&s=books

Blog Entries
    You know, for such a large bed you could make a large star out of hst's and then add inner borders and more blocks around that in smaller sizes. I have a wall quilt with one large star and keep wanting to make one for my king size bed. some day!